cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-bay digressing

I.ve been with E-bay since 2001 & have seen quite a bit of digressing. Two areas in particular, search & use of classified ads.

As for the search, if a particular item has several hundred pages to view, a person cannot any longer just key in the page # he/she left off on. A person can only advance a few pages at a time. That option was a BIG loss to my way of searching items for the best brand, quality, and price.

Classified ads being phased out are best reinstated or totally removed. For a small time seller such as myself & thought E-bay was geared for the small time seller, phasing them out has crashed the classified ad market. For example: I recently had a big ticket item but only could seem to use collectables to use classified ad. So I used one word for my title and that word stating what my item was did NOT come up just using that one word but only showed them, not mine in another category "business & Industrial"  IN SPITE OF CHOOSING ALL CATEGORIES.  Using that single word to describe my item should have came up. Thought that was pretty unfair not getting my items due exposure I paid for. Had two classified ads up for more than a week and got an average of about 14 views each. Yet when not using classified ads I got over 1200 views but no sale. So I got money going out for advertising & nothing coming in, not good & is why I chose a classified ad. The classified ads at least took a bit of the cost bite off but as I say, no exposure due to the limitations of categories a person has to choose from. So I say do away with them all together or reinstate them.

If E-bay is geared for the small time seller yet, E-bay needs to get someone in there that can profile things from a small time seller's perspective.  Plus make searching for items more efficient.   Oh yah: just noted the other day choosing search by lowest to highest AND WHAT DOES IT GIVE ME, several that were thought to be relevant, then it showed lowest to highest. Sorry but lowest to highest was relevant to me otherwise I would not have chosen it.  I still buy a lot off E-bay but have found selling has dropped off drastically & not just for the power sellers. So I can only hope for more positive HELPFUL changes.  

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

E-bay digressing

Now imagine all that and the introduction of promoted listings. Ebay literally jamming higher priced spam in front of their own buyers requested search parameters. And then wonder why other sites end up with the vast majority of sales.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

E-bay digressing

@lone77eagle wrote:

As for the search, if a particular item has several hundred pages to view, a person cannot any longer just key in the page # he/she left off on.

I suspect that only a very tiny fraction of eBay buyers have the patience to look through hundreds of pages of search results. I frankly cannot see eBay investing much time and effort in an area that affects so few users. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply