cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Done selling more valuable items on here

No returns in 17 years.  Now I've had 2 in 2 months.  Not going to sell anything of higher value on eBay anymore.  No reason for the returns & ends up being costly for me.  Less buyers to go around & more with a ridiculous excuse.  I cannot afford nonsense on here any longer.  Good luck to us all!   lol    🙂

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Did you at least get the correct items back?

?

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

You had 2 returns in two months, and none for 17 years? OMG I wish I could be so lucky. Last June, I had 34 returns because ebay rolled out their "free returns" campaign. Nothing wrong with the items, just people thought it would be fun to windowshop on my dime.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

eBay didn't roll out free returns.  Only you can opt for free returns.  I'm sorry that happened to you, though.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

No returns in 17 years.  Now I've had 2 in 2 months.  Not going to sell anything of higher value on eBay anymore.  No reason for the returns & ends up being costly for me.  Less buyers to go around & more with a ridiculous excuse.  I cannot afford nonsense on here any longer.  Good luck to us all!   lol    🙂

You can re-sell them, right?  You've mitigated cost of returns in your pricing, right?  With a record like you have, I sure wouldn't let 2 returns dissuade me from selling certain items. 

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Your choice, whatever works for you.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

@tamaralea wrote:

eBay didn't roll out free returns.  Only you can opt for free returns.  I'm sorry that happened to you, though.

If you don't opt in, you don't receive protection from abuse on returns, and you receive less visibility in search.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

@thevintagesilvershop wrote:

@sakic92710 wrote:

You can re-sell them, right?  You've mitigated cost of returns in your pricing, right?  With a record like you have, I sure wouldn't let 2 returns dissuade me from selling certain items. 

If you mitigate the cost of returns in your pricing, you get worse search placement due to "lowest price" being one of the primary factors in search.

These are the obvious design issues with their search implementation/returns policies. 

You must sacrifice one place or another. It's not possible to have a "highly ranked listing" that hits all best practices anymore. It's not possible to match high on price, returns, and sponsorships at once, while actually being protected from abuse. They all hit your margin somewhere, and lead to decreased visibility somewhere. 

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

2 returns in 17 years, you're lucky.

Have a great day.
Message 9 of 21
latest reply

It didn't matter if I opted in to free returns or not. EBay's message to buyers was the "Free returns" campaign, and so when they saw I did not offer free returns on select items, they just opened bogus NADS. I'm saying, it is the message that ebay sends that prompts buyer behavior.
Message 10 of 21
latest reply

1 Return in 7 years, lucky me.

One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 11 of 21
latest reply

@tracdea1 wrote:
It didn't matter if I opted in to free returns or not. EBay's message to buyers was the "Free returns" campaign, and so when they saw I did not offer free returns on select items, they just opened bogus NADS. I'm saying, it is the message that ebay sends that prompts buyer behavior.

This is true.

It's also kind of weird that eBay closes the loopholes that affect buyers... but even known loopholes that have guides all over the web on how to "get free things on eBay" AKA steal from sellers, are allowed...?

Security should always be the #1 priority of any online service that handles money.  It's extremely unprofessional that this is not the case here.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Many of us are being more cautious on what we list here. I had a very large sale on another venue because it offers better seller protection than Ebay and I can talk to my perspective buyers and see the items they've favored and bought recently. 

Ebay is fine for things that are more common in the category I sell in but I can't afford to lose hundreds of dollars with the way returns and buyer/seller relationships are now. I do wish I had as few returns as you though!

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

The better solution is to ask yourself "why" you had those two returns and make changes to possibly not let it happen again. There is no guarantee but adding more pictures and writing better descriptions are the best way to keep returns to a minimum.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

@zamo-zuan 

Security should always be the #1 priority of any online service that handles money.  It's extremely unprofessional that this is not the case here.

EBay doesn't handle money.
That's left up to Paypal, and a few other seller options.
EBay is famously "only a venue".

No Returns does not mean No Refunds.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply