cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does ebay automatically send an invoice when I accept an offer from a buyer? + inventory question

I have 2 questions that I cannot find the answers to searching eBay help.

1.  Does eBay automatically send an invoice when I accept an offer from a buyer or do I need to send one?

2.  I sell stained glass tiles that I produce, so most of my listings are multiples of the same item.  Is there a quick and easy way to see which of my items have sold out so I can make more?  I know I can search through the orders or sold items one by one, but that's pretty time consuming.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Does ebay automatically send an invoice when I accept an offer from a buyer? + inventory question

Yes, eBay automatically sends an invoice when you accept an offer. In most cases, you can also follow up with your own invoice if the buyer is not setup on auto-pay.

When the buyer pays and the Order hits your Awaiting Shipping folder, there you can see how many of the item they purchased and how many are still left to sell.

Posting ID
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Thank you. Gotcha on the sending invoice.

But let me try to rephrase my second question....

I do understand that I can see how many items are purchased and what I have left in stock on each individual purchase/sale when an item sells.  What I'm asking is, is there somewhere to look easily to see all sold-out items in one place after several sales?

Hope that helps

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Sorry, nevermind.  I figured out a workaround.

I pull up all my sold items, then I click edit on the toolbar, then find on page in the drop-down, then I type-in 0 available on the page with "highlight all" and the 0 available are all highlighted.  I can also search for any other amounts available this way.

Thanks again

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Under Active Listings in the Seller Hub, click Available Quantity and sort them them that way.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Very smart!!

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Do you use the out of stock setting @mixedbagmosaic ?

If you do, all you have to do is expand search at the top of your active listings page then change the filter from all statuses to out of stock. Here's a direct link:

https://www.ebay.com/sh/lst/active?action=summary&status=OOS

Regarding invoices - eBay sends buyers payment reminders automatically as mentioned, however I have to disagree with the advice to send your own invoice if the buyer doesn't pay. See more info on invoices below.

-----

There's no reason to send an invoice unless you have to make an adjustment, for example combined shipping costs or adding another shipping method the buyer requested.

eBay sends out payment reminders to buyers automatically. Sending invoices is a duplication of efforts and clogs the buyer's inbox.

Sending an invoice locks in the shipping cost. That could have a big financial impact on someone that uses calculated shipping. The shipping price gets locked in based on the buyer's default location, but if they change the address at checkout to have that item shipped to Mom across the country, that shipping cost can change by leaps and bounds and seller is out the $$.

Finally, sending an invoice resets the clock on when an order can be cancelled for non-payment when sellers handle UPIs manually. The automated system will cancel based on the seller's settings regardless of sending an invoice, but when you use the manual process and an invoice is sent it resets the clock, giving the buyer an additional 4 days before the system will let the seller cancel.

This page has instructions for the unpaid item process and setting up auto-cancellations in the future.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Nice post, learned something new today, thanks,  @wastingtime101 .

"Sending an invoice locks in the shipping cost. That could have a big financial impact on someone that uses calculated shipping. The shipping price gets locked in based on the buyer's default location, but if they change the address at checkout to have that item shipped to Mom across the country, that shipping cost can change by leaps and bounds and seller is out the $$."

Posting ID
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Worth noting too that sending an invoice extends their deadline to pay (resets the 4 day/72 hour timeframe).  You might know that already, but in case you didn't I thought I'd point it out, and others may benefit from seeing this.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for the info.  I needed this info!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

No I didn't know that. Thanks

Message 11 of 11
latest reply