cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Anybody Know?

Just a hypothetical here...

Let's say I had an item listed with BO.   Prospective buyer messages me and makes me an offer which I am happy with.  I click "Accept."

The invoice pops up and I decide to make the shipping cost "zero" even though the item was listed with a shipping cost.  So, essentially the buyer is receiving free shipping even though the item when listed had a shipping cost.

Buyer pays the invoice I sent him (which is just for the item itself/no shipping).   When I look at the Purchase History section of the listing it shows that I accepted the offer for the item. 

However, when I try and search for the item by Item #  it doesn't show up in "Actives," "Completeds" or "Sold."  It's basically is no where.

Is this because eBay can't match up the sale to the monies received because I revised the invoice to remove the amount for shipping so it considers the transaction unpaid?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Does Anybody Know?

How long between the sale and your searching? It can take a while for sold listings to make it the "sold/completed" sections of search

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Does Anybody Know?

it should be on your sold list...the invoice adjustment won't delete it from anywhere...

now there maybe a refresh thing going on..and maybe something need to updfate your account...weird things do happen...but if you accepted the offer...and it was sold...it would be on the sold list...and that's where it gets adjusted and a new invoice is sent...if they paid...look on your paypal account...should show up there as paid.....

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Does Anybody Know?

@ymeagainlord

A week has elapsed between when the (amended) BO was accepted/paid for.  

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Does Anybody Know?

I checked her sold and completed lists.  Nothing with a recent best offer.

OP what is the item no?

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Does Anybody Know?

@emerald40 wrote:

I checked her sold and completed lists.  Nothing with a recent best offer.

OP what is the item no?

@emerald40

As I said, I'm posing a hypothetical scenario which is why my listings don't provide any clues.

Will PM you...

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Does Anybody Know?

Best Offer is the same as shooting yourself in the foot.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Does Anybody Know?

@livadia

@livadia wrote:

@ymeagainlord

First you say it is a hypothetical, but then you say the above...

What if questions are hard to answer.

But if this is a real situation, that is different.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Does Anybody Know?

@sockmonkeydave wrote:

@livadia

@livadia wrote:

@ymeagainlord

First you say it is a hypothetical, but then you say the above...

What if questions are hard to answer.

But if this is a real situation, that is different.

No, not really @sockmonkeydave.     A delay in updating the status of items Sold/Completed/Active  is not part of the hypothetical situation proposed.   That's why I said a week had elapsed so that "cause" would not be a contributing factor.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Does Anybody Know?

@sam9876 wrote:

Best Offer is the same as shooting yourself in the foot.

Not really. I use it often on higher priced items, then I can research my buyer before I decide whether to sell to them.

Plus some buyers just don't like buying unless they feel they "got a deal". 

Livadia, is there a selling fee in your monthly history? 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply