cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we know the USPS First Class zone prices yet?

Just out of laziness curiosity, I was wondering if the proposed and/or done deal rate increases for zoned first class mail in 2019 are available.

I just sent 10 oz to CA, from VA.  I do a lot of that (ebay definitely has me as a favored seller to those zones far, far away).  I would assume that cost is going to jump quite a bit?

And now, back to my regularly scheduled programming of unloading this fish that cannot be named stuff I recently purchased for resale...

(I started to say "just shoot me" at the end of that last sentence but realized that is probably one of those sayings that isn't funny anymore.)

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

12 REPLIES 12

2019 first class.gif

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

n_p, did anyone ever tell you you're my hero ?

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Note that those prices are still the proposed prices - have not seen anything to indicate that it has been finalized yet.
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

All the proposed rates have been approved.

From Linn's Stamp News:  The Postal Regulatory Commission on Nov. 13 approved the United States Postal Service's request for planned changes to numerous postage rates for letters and packages.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Good to know.

When I casually poked around yesterday, nothing about approval came up in the first 20 or so google search results I looked at.

Kind of surprising that the main players (USPS, Stamps.com, Endicia, and the business blogs) don't appear to have covered that 2 week old news 😉
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I am most definitely in a state of confusion.  I am trying to figure out this new "ZONE" pricing with EBAY.

Now, how can I put the price of shipping on my listing when I don't know where it will be going?  What am I missing here?  Is "calculated shipping" going to be my new best friend?

Thought please.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@mewmew52lk wrote:

I am most definitely in a state of confusion.  I am trying to figure out this new "ZONE" pricing with EBAY.

Now, how can I put the price of shipping on my listing when I don't know where it will be going?  What am I missing here?  Is "calculated shipping" going to be my new best friend?

Thought please.

You can use calculated if you like.

Personally I'm going to pick an average (probably zone 7) and use that as my base shipping expense and continue with flat-rate. Haven't decided how much the increase will be, perhaps 50 cents.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Thank you for your response, I will give that some consideration.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@mewmew52lk wrote:
 ... how can I put the price of shipping on my listing when I don't know where it will be going?  What am I missing here?  Is "calculated shipping" going to be my new best friend?...

Calculated shipping might be your new best friend. When you set up a listing with calculated shipping, it automatically shows the postage cost from your ZIP Code to the ZIP Code of any member who looks at the listing, based on that member's Primary address on file with eBay. It works totally automatically.

Listings with calculated shipping will show updated shipping costs automatically when the rates change on January 27. Meanwhile, sellers who have set a flat price based on this year's prices have to spend time and effort updating all of their listings. If they choose to set a price based on the new Zone 7 cost, they'll have to do it all over again when rates change next year.

Probably half of the non-free-shipping listings that you see on eBay are using calculated shipping, but potential buyers aren't aware that it's there because it's completely automatic.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Very helpful indeed!  Thank you!

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@mewmew52lk wrote:

Thought please.

If the destination ZIP is within one NPC, that will be cheaper price? Why I often get "not within one NPC", in the USPS Zone calculator. Thanks~~

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

If the destination ZIP is within one NPC, that will be cheaper price? Why I often get "not within one NPC", in the USPS Zone calculator. Thanks~~

What do you mean by NPC?

The closer the buyer is to you, the cheaper the shipping cost.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 13 of 13
latest reply