cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to use my personal PAN card and GSTIN, and IEC for selling items on eBay?

Hi,

I'm in the process of planning to sell some items on eBay internationally. I am aware that to sell items on eBay from India, I need to have a PAN card, GSTIN, and IEC. However, the GSTIN and IEC are registered under my cousin's name, who owns a company.

When registering a business account, do I need to provide my cousin's details, such as name and mobile number, since the registrations are under their name?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Do I have to use my personal PAN card and GSTIN, and IEC for selling items on eBay?

If you are running the business, then you need to get your own government ID numbers. You should not use someone else's personal information unless they are who is running and benefiting from the business.

Using another person's information like that is identity theft, and against the law. This is why your government requires these numbers.

All of the information and documentation on your eBay, Payoneer and bank accounts have to match exactly.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply