cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did i handle this situation correctly?

20190912_130235.jpg

So a buyer who forgot to read my ad description stated that he was going to give me a neg because it wasn't shipped yet.

He had ordered an item with a extended handling time ( stated on my eBay ad ) and was not over due for shipping yet. 

I hinted at giving him a full refund and he agreed then i added him to BBL. 

I figure i didnt need that kind of trouble if the buyer didnt read the ad more issues could arise once he got the item.

I made sure he agreed to a refund before refunding that way he cannot leave me a neg.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I hate to break it to you but buyer can still leave feedback

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@besn_65 wrote:

I hate to break it to you but buyer can still leave feedback

And if a neg is left, depending on what is said it can be removed because the buyer 1. used extortion (albeit not direct: "thinking about" and not "will") and 2. the buyer is expecting something not in the listing/against the terms of the listing (not recognizing the extended handling time/wanting faster shipping)

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-policies/feedback-extortion-policy?id=4230

"Feedback extortion policy overview Buyers:

The buyer isn't allowed to threaten to use feedback or detailed seller ratings in an attempt to force a seller into providing:

• Goods or services that weren't included in the original item's description or purchase price.
  • A return, refund, or replacement item not covered by the original listing or the eBay Money Back Guarantee."
The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@aeroblitzracing 

I think you handled it correctly. The extended handling times are shown right at the top of your listings in a nice orange font with a cute little flag. It's also clearly in your written description. Not your fault that your buyer ignored it. Cancel and refund was the way to go. Good job!

If this person leaves you a negative feedback, I'd call ebay immediately and ask that it be removed. They were asking for something not advertised in your listing. I do think it would be promptly removed.

Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

The customer is not happy. He has paid. You have not shipped.

A refund was the quick and simple way to end the transaction.

Asking if he wanted to cancel, covers you against a Defect, since he agreed.

And his mention of feedback (although he incorrectly called it a review) means a neg would be removeable.

His response to your polite message sounds contented.

You did this perfectly. Good Job!

gold star copy.jpg

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Yes you did everything correctly. But as others said, the buyer can always leave you a negative.

If and when he does... call ebay to try and get it removed regardless of what the comment is. Your mileage may vary here depending on the comment verbiage and how lenient the agent is when you talk to them. Good luck!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Why is everyone equating a '1 star review' with 'negative feedback'?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@earlyant-77 wrote:

Why is everyone equating a '1 star review' with 'negative feedback'?

My gut reaction was thinking DSRs. But with the popularity of Amazon, it's likely the buyer is an avid Amazon buyer. And over there 1 star = baaaaaaaaad.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply