cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did ebay do away with call backs

I've always been able to get a call back from eBay. Now I keep getting directed to emailing them. Not everything can be explained in an email..

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@druusilla4 

Do you have a spam filter or block on your phone?  If so, temporarily disable it and you may get your call back.  

Good luck and Have a great weekend. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

This will sound cruel but just about every problem which is likely to be resolved can be described in an email.

Those that cannot will probably not be resolved as you would like.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I got a call back this morning, they try and get me to chat with their chat bot. nope

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

No, I use my desktop for eBay. For years I've been able to get a callback thru chat. It's been a while since I've needed any help. After trying today, help is only by email - within a couple of days..., hopefully.  Not everything can be discussed easily through emails. This is beyond annoying, and doesn't bode well for future issues. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

You may be better off asking your question here to get suggestions from experienced users.

To contact eBay, use the chat assistant to request a chat with an agent or a call back.

What options you see may depend on your particular issue and how busy that department is at the moment.

Try entering "agent" into the chat window. You may have to provide some context to reach the correct department. If you see a "Still need help?" or "More options" choice, either of those should lead to a call back option.

If nothing else works, try this link:

https://www.ebay.com/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Did all that, not new at this!! Today there was no option for call back, no matter what I did.. My issue today is with a late shipment defect  for an item that was shipped on time. Tracking confirms this in order details.  Trying to use the automated defect removal support doesn't work as the item isn't showing up there. Just one of those situation where talking to someone is needed. Trying to explain this in emails generally ends up with unhelpful canned response answers.. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Today there was no option for call back

I am seeing a 1 minute wait time on the call back link at the moment.

Did you try the link?

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

What level store do you have?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Top Rated. Never had a problem with call backs. In fact, they usually call back within minutes, something I greatly appreciate.  Today, no options for call back in the chat box, just, repeatedly, email us and we'll get back to you in a couple of days. I did use the link above from eburtonlab (thank you), and finally got a call back, and they took care of the defect issue - I always ship within 24 hrs., but for some reason FedEx has a problem with updating to eBay. Anyway, problem solved. I asked the gal when she called me back why I was having such a hard time with call backs and she said it was probably a queuing issue. It would be nice if a message popped up in the chat box stating this, it would have eliminated some frustration.  I thought they finally did away with call back support!!  Thanks all for the advice 🙂 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@druusilla4 

Sometimes not all options are available.  It is likely due to staffing at that time.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 11 of 11
latest reply