cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defect

I sold a Garmin GPS watch, buyer contacted me stating he could not get the GPS to work.  I suggested that he log on to Garmin website and update the watch, or he could return for full refund.  Over the long weekend, when I was not at work, he opened a return and then closed it, messaging me stating he did update the watch and now it works fine, thanks etc etc.

But now I see I got a defect for the return that was opened that I didn't respond to.  I didn't have a chance to, as it was done over the weekend, and he closed it himself once he figured out how to update the watch.

Any chance I could get this removed?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Defect

You can call if you want but I think the system will update itself and the defect will go away.  I also had a return request over the weekend that the buyer opened and closed immediately and I do not see any defect.  Give it a couple days, and I am sure it will go away.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Defect

I do not leave anything up to chance, especially on ebay.

And you do not want to wait too long when you can no longer fix it.

If it does not clear up by end of business today I would call ebay and have it removed while you are on the phone.

Defects are so detrimental that you want to be proactive.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Defect

It shouldn't  be counted as a defect unless the customer escalates it and ebay had to 'step in' to save the day.

But then again, where are we at?

Defect

call...and hope they fix it.

csr likes to lie

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Defect

I would also suggest before calling to make sure the defect you are seeing is connected to the transaction we are talking about here.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply