cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing Ads For Certain Days

I've been monitoring my eBay ad engagement/traffic closely over the past several months and notice severe drop-offs in engagement on certain days. 

Is there a way to setup custom dates for your campaigns?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @alwha-7620 

I am not aware of any day specific promotions but I learned early on that in my categories most sales come leading up to the weekend and most happen over the weekend.  Years ago eBay posted a flash page that 65% more items are bought on Sundays ... I have a screen shot of that below from 2016 ... 

2016 SUNDAY SOLD ITEMS PIC.jpg

The trend I have observed in my categories over the years is that activity (Views - Watchers) will start to increase on Thursday and continue into the weekend, then drop off early the following week.  Most of my sales right now come from Auction formatted listings.  I used to sell just as many items Auction style but had a lot more BIN sales up until early 2022 when eBay fully launched the PLA program, changed how Views are counted and then magically doubled and tripled PLS ad rates ... This month natural BIN sales are less than 9% of my total monthly sales.  I have gotten more sales from using the Send offer eligible list than natural BIN sales, numbers below on the month  ... while I pretty much know the "why" for this situation that is a topic for another time.

Screenshot (655).png

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If it's of any help, I've been noticing severe drop-offs in engagement on days that end with a "Y". 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@hartungcards wrote:

If it's of any help, I've been noticing severe drop-offs in engagement on days that end with a "Y". 

@hartungcards   OMG!  I had to actually think about that at first and then IT HIT ME!  Still laughing!  Any views on what months are better than others or does the "Y" cover enough of those as well!?!

Laughing 1.jpg

Regards,
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Great reply appreciate your guidance and expertise on the matter

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

If you are referring to using standard listing promotion, it wouldn't be possible to limit it to certain days.  When you are using PLS and the buyer has clicked on that promoted listing in the last 30 days, you pay the promotion fee even if that listing is no longer promoted.

Or are you referring to a different type of promotion?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi @alwha-7620 

I am not aware of any day specific promotions but I learned early on that in my categories most sales come leading up to the weekend and most happen over the weekend.  Years ago eBay posted a flash page that 65% more items are bought on Sundays ... I have a screen shot of that below from 2016 ... 

2016 SUNDAY SOLD ITEMS PIC.jpg

The trend I have observed in my categories over the years is that activity (Views - Watchers) will start to increase on Thursday and continue into the weekend, then drop off early the following week.  Most of my sales right now come from Auction formatted listings.  I used to sell just as many items Auction style but had a lot more BIN sales up until early 2022 when eBay fully launched the PLA program, changed how Views are counted and then magically doubled and tripled PLS ad rates ... This month natural BIN sales are less than 9% of my total monthly sales.  I have gotten more sales from using the Send offer eligible list than natural BIN sales, numbers below on the month  ... while I pretty much know the "why" for this situation that is a topic for another time.

Screenshot (655).png

Regards,
Message 6 of 6
latest reply