cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency Changed to Pounds Suddenly After I Was Signed Out While Trying To List An Item

So I am trying to list a CD for sale. All of a sudden I am logged out and asked for my login details. I sign in again and proceed to list the item, but now the listing form is completely different, all the prices are in pounds, and the only shipping services are from the UK. (I am US based seller BTW)

What the heck is this about and how do I fix this? Jeez

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Currency Changed to Pounds Suddenly After I Was Signed Out While Trying To List An Item

Probably just a hiccup, couldn't tell you what caused it, but make sure that you are logging into the correct site, and not the UK site. Might be a good time to do a virus scan too.

Log out.

Why you were suddenly redirected...who the heck knows? Internet gremlins at work I guess.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You may want to call and report this to eBay tomorrow during the normal business hours.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I would switch from coffee to tea, and chips instead of fries. It would be easier to move to the UK versus contacting eBay support.

Check your other listings, they may have changed too. I had something similar happen in the middle of listing a bunch of hats. For some reason the system glitched and started listing all items at $110 shipping, among some other glitches. I use a template for listing, and the template was changed in the middle of posting these for sale. I called tech support, luckily it was someone US based. They told me there wasn't anything they could do other than file a ticket to make sure it didn't affect the system on a large scale. So I had to go through manually and change around 70 items because the bulk feature wouldn't fix it. Fun day.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

That can happen when you open a listing that originated on another site and then don't backspace to go back to the original site. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Hi

well im the opposite i am in UK AND MY EBAY HAS CHANGED TO $

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply