cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash Sale

https://esellercafe.com/ebay-announces-crash-sale-for-july-15-taking-a-dig-at-amazon/?fbclid=IwAR2Tp...

Really ?!? - hope they get all the glitches fixed as buyers will see that shopping here is more of a headache than Amazon. I really think the whole thing is a little childish.

Promote your strengths - running smoothly is eBay's weakness. Notice that these sales are for new items - mostly from the bigger sellers - not the mom and pop shops that made Ebay great. Right there is their strength when so many are against corporations and their tax loopholes and want to support local and small businesses. Instead of these kids with all these innovative ideas that stink - they need some of us oldsters running the show. 

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Crash Sale

Now all ebay has to do is create a Holiday to go with it and they can have a seasonal consumer-fest like Christmas shopping.  If they work it right, maybe they can get a quarterly 'thing' going.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 2 of 33
latest reply

Crash Sale

What a bunch of bloody idiots!! eBay here's an idea for a promotion celebration "we finally fixed our website" promotion. Nah, wouldn't work, it would crash shortly after the announcement....

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

Crash Sale

eBay is like Cinderella's ugly step-sister.

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

Crash Sale

Ebay crashes every day. it would be a miracle if you could use ebay just one day without a glitch. 

ebay needs to fix their site first before trying to compete against others, otherwise it would be like racing a  turtle in a horse race,  they will become a bigger joke than what they are. 

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

Crash Sale

This is what bothers me - they don't seem to understand this - they don't really listen to either their buyers or their sellers.

Even the updates they've done to help buyers - is not being well received by the buyers - ex. Cassini - buyers are not stupid - know how to search and want to see products relative to what they are searching for. Just because I clicked on something yesterday - doesn't mean I'm looking for that same item today.

I routinely go thru sellers stores to see what they sell or happen to see a beautiful item on the home page  - not that I need or want - but curiosity leads me to click on the item to see how much a seller is asking for it. I'm then inundated with it and similar items every time I log on - I receive emails telling me they dropped the price. I was just admiring the piece - that's it.

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

Crash Sale

@fuzzface50 wrote:

Ebay crashes every day. it would be a miracle if you could use ebay just one day without a glitch. 

Yeah ... true.  eBay's software is so fragile that the site can randomly have problems even if 10 people are browsing the site.

I think most sellers would rather have eBay crashing because it is getting overwhelmed by buyers.

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

Crash Sale

Just because I clicked on something yesterday - doesn't mean I'm looking for that same item today.

EXACTLY!   These "streamlined tailored to your interests" (manipulated) search results are annoying at best.  When they carry over to other web pages you might visit it is even worse.   

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

Crash Sale

I didn't know that sales in July are "massive". 

I will feel pretty ashamed if my sales aren't massive I guess.

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

Crash Sale

Wow.  You don't succeed in life or business by mocking another's problems.

You succeed on your own merits.

- Suzanne -
Message 10 of 33
latest reply

Crash Sale

Crash Sale

This "sale" announcement reads like a big box store radio commercial - lots of "amazing deals" but no specifics. Yawn.

"door buster savings on top brands"

"savings on summer essentials, appliances, and more"

"save big on the hottest tech, smart home devices, home appliances, and more"

"can’t-miss deals on some of the season’s top items"

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

Crash Sale

Fwiw, I've found Prime Day to be almost universally mocked by folks.  As a merchant of their own regular inventory,  Amazon is about as bad as it gets.  I doubt they've ever made money on the actual sale of goods. IIRC, their profit all comes from Prime subscriptions and selling web services.  

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

Crash Sale

Perhaps Amazon can get even wth Ebay by having " A daily Technical Glitch Sale" .
Message 13 of 33
latest reply

Crash Sale

I agree Tunic, if I searched for something  the other day doesn't mean I still need it tomorrow, chances are I brought it already and would like to search for something new I need or want today and not worry about yesterdays searched items popping up today .

Yes ebay needs to worry about their site first seeing they are in a pond  in a leaky rubber raft and not worry about what other sites are doing when they are in the ocean in  sea worthy vessel.   they can worry about the competition when they are in the same body of water until then they should fix their own problems before they sink . 

Ebay has enough of their own problems but I would think amazon might be heading for choppy waters  too if they don't fix their own shipping issues fast.   Fedex is dropping Amazon June 30 and not renewing their contract with them and this is just 2 weeks before prime days?  I know they are trying to get their own shipping department together here but they are far from being fully staff yet and have raised their starting wage $2 more than what they were offering if you can start before the end of the month.  That kind of  tells me they need people by the beginning of July  .  Just think if they start missing shipping deadlines. Might be a big domino for them if they don't shore up a few loose ends fast. 

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

Crash Sale

Frankly I don't think most sellers will make the connection to Amazon and will think eBay is talking about themselves....

Message 15 of 33
latest reply