cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could use some help in setting up Paypal Credit in auction payment details section

Hello,  I could use some tech assistance in setting up a Paypal Credit logo and wording that I found on #183448770189 when you click on RETURNS: Details.  I talked to Paypal but didn't get anywhere.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Could use some help in setting up Paypal Credit in auction payment details section

PayPal Credit is not something that a seller adds to a listing; it's between the buyer and Paypal.  Your listings already show it (see below).  The seller's view of a listing is different from the buyers' view in many ways.

Screen Shot 2018-09-22 at 9.08.13 PM.png

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

PayPal Credit is not something that a seller adds to a listing; it's between the buyer and Paypal.  Your listings already show it (see below).  The seller's view of a listing is different from the buyers' view in many ways.

Screen Shot 2018-09-22 at 9.08.13 PM.png

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

You (the seller) can't set up a listing to offer PayPal Credit. That's something PayPal (or ebay using PP guidelines) does as it's usually tied to a buyer account. Some buyers qualify, some don't.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

You don't set it up.  It appears on the listing if the buyer has PP credit OR if they WANT the buyer to have PP credit.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Paypal credit is not really a seller feature, it is used by the buyer to pay for there purchase over a time frame set up by paypal.  I do not think there is anything you as a seller can do.  It is offered automatically based on paypal setting for listings they think it would benefit.

Paypal probably pays eBay for the right to show that on listings.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

You don't set it up.  It appears on the listing if the buyer has PP credit OR if they WANT the buyer to have PP credit.

I recall vividly my first red donut  regading this issue...LOL..Buyer says:  Seller advertised credit option and it was a lie. 

Got to love it...came under "seller is responsible for this listiing" nonsense.  So I guess ebay puts it there, but it is your fault if they don't qualify.   Just another day in ebay paradise. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for all of you that replied. Please have a great rest of the weekend!
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

I recall vividly my first red donut  regading this issue...LOL..Buyer says:  Seller advertised credit option and it was a lie. 

Got to love it...came under "seller is responsible for this listiing" nonsense.  So I guess ebay puts it there, but it is your fault if they don't qualify.   Just another day in ebay paradise. 

That's terrible!  Have you posted this before because I seem to remember seeing this previously.  That makes no sense, though, because the buyer only sees that on a listing if they HAVE PP credit, or if they WANT the buyer to have PP credit (Ebay/PP).  So if they WANT the buyer to get PP credit, then they would have to be someone that WOULD be approved if they applied.  

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

That makes no sense, though, because the buyer only sees that on a listing if they HAVE PP credit, or if they WANT the buyer to have PP credit (Ebay/PP)

It is nothing more than an ADVERTISEMENT that is below normal lows for such.  It lures buyers to bid/buy thinking that they can have a payment program.  They don't know til after they bid or buy and select that choice that it is just an advertising scam.   You are correct in that not all buyer see it,  and it is displayed at the eBay artificial intelligence "whim"....  No, seller.  It is not your fault, but you are responsible...

and to think I thought I lived under a rock...LOL. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

It is an advertisement, but a targeted one, to those who have already qualified and to those who WOULD qualify.   The point is that there is no reason that an unqualified person would even see the ad on the listing~so the OP's situation should and would never have occurred. 

Please don't think that you live under a rock.  I don't.  

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

You might find this helpful in explaining the process:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Buying-Selling-Basics/PayPal-Credit-banner-ads-and-checkout-op...

With all due respect, I am well aware of how the program works.  Please note that the link includes posts that explain how the listing viewer must qualify, pass muster, before it is shown to them.  The other way would be if the person viewing the listings already had PP credit.  

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Yeah, I  had a buyer recently ask if I accepted paypal credit.  Looked it up on paypal site and reported back to teh buyer that paypal credit was between him and paypal - like signing up for a CC with paypal.  Then buyer pays me as if her were using a CC and pays paypal as he can.

Hope I got that right?  But never heard back from the buyer and of course didn't make the sale.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply