cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Congrats to new US General Manager Dawn Block!

Congratulations to our new US General Manager, Dawn Block!

I would have said it on the actual announcement but, just like when Adam Ireland assumed the role, it's locked and does not allow comments. 🙁

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/A-message-from-Dawn-Block-GM-for-eBay-US/ba-p/34332390 

Dawn said:

Sellers have been and will continue to be near and dear to my heart along this new journey. You are entrepreneurial. You are passionate about your businesses and the eBay community. You use this marketplace to create opportunities for yourselves and others. You inspire me.

Coming into this new role, my number one priority will be to support growth for the eBay community. With vibrant sellers comes vibrant buyers and a vibrant community and platform. I look forward to partnering with you and most importantly, listening to you. I have a great deal to learn from this community. You are the true eBay experts. Your voice matters and your feedback is valued, and it will certainly be used to evolve the eBay platform.

In that vein, and in light of the fact that the announcement about discontinuing the monthly chat said going forward one off chats with eBay staff would be scheduled around timely updates and recent changes, I think now would be an excellent time for the community crew to host an Ask Me Anything/Get To Know the New GM event!

devon@ebay  kyle@ebay  elizabeth@ebay 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Great idea! 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

And what does the US General Manager U.S. actually DO?

And why do we care? Heck we hardly get any interaction with the so called community team anymore, let alone anyone above that level.

Oh, and when was the last time a so called seller advocate chatted with sellers?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I feel very vibrant right now.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@valueaddedresource 

I didn't realize Adam had left the building...I guess that's why we didn't get a Christmas present from eBay this year. lol. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@ckimodog wrote:

@valueaddedresource 

I didn't realize Adam had left the building...I guess that's why we didn't get a Christmas present from eBay this year. lol. 

@ckimodog Adam hasn't left the building. He was on the seller check in yesterday where he passed the baton to Dawn and said he's still going to be at eBay in a different role, but didn't say what that would be.

As far as Christmas presents....I figured I'm probably just on the naughty list. 😂

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

YeeHaw, fresh insights and new blood. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Not quite understanding what this is about? With a feedback rating of 2 and nothing listed or sold, does this mean anything? Or is this a spam post?

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@jerseyboymusic wrote:

Not quite understanding what this is about? With a feedback rating of 2 and nothing listed or sold, does this mean anything? Or is this a spam post?

@jerseyboymusic  if you want to know what it's about, I'd suggest checking out the link in the original post.

It was announced yesterday on the eBay seller check in that current US General Manager Adam Ireland is moving on to a different job at the company and Dawn Block will be taking over that position, which again if you read the announcement, you'll see why that might be interesting or important to sellers.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/A-message-from-Dawn-Block-GM-for-eBay-US/ba-p/34332390 

As far as feedback scores and spam....I'll just say that many community members use posting IDs for a variety of reasons and that reading member's past posting history is a much better indicator of their knowledge, experience and whether or not they are spam than the number you see next to their name. 😉

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Liz is a fabulous journalist who frequently updates sellers on ebay about issues concerning sellers and buyers here.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I know about posting IDs... that's why I use this old account of mine as one...

I guess to me this is a random post about something... like you (addedvalueresource) are promoting something on these boards as something going on in your company

That's how I am reading your OP... but thanks for letting me know what's up. I'm sure it won't really affect my day to day 😃

Sorry for my confusion!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply