cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaints about sellers marking up shipping eBay evoke Buyer protection

I see lots of members complaining about sellers ripping them off on shipping costs

I'm sure some are getting negative feedback and even being removed

eBay show some buyer protection. Send a letter to entire community explaining they had  to do it.

Explain how sellers must pay ebay an additional fee up to 20% on shipping. I recently paid eBay $30 out of my pocket. i didn't follow the trend and try to lie to customer so I can survive selling and contributing to the share holders.

Save the letter about fees on taxes. They don:t care that doesn't cost Them

Tell the world the truth

You know buyer protection. You're making hard working sellers look bad

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Complaints about sellers marking up shipping eBay evoke Buyer protection

I am sorry to hear you are getting so many complaints.  I get them every now and again, but certainly not at a level that it appears you are getting.

What you might consider doing is just doing Free Shipping, so you roll the cost of the shipping into the price of your product.  Then they don't know what you are charging them and therefore can't complain.  That is likely your best approach.

There are NO "additional" fees for shipping.  We have been paying the FVF on shipping for over eleven years now.  It is not a separate fee, it is just one FVF charged to sellers based on the total amount that a buyer pays you.  

And there isn't a category that has a 20% fee.  I believe the categories you sell in it is 12.9%.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4822

Oh and be aware that USPS pricing goes UP again on October 2nd through late January for the holiday surcharge.  And then if USPS follows what they have done historically, late January we will get what was once our yearly increase in costs.  However in 2022 we had two of those plus this Holiday surcharge.

No wonder buyers don't like it.  I don't either.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 2
latest reply