cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clothes Modeling Yourself

Have Anyone Else tried modeling clothes you Pre-owned  or had once. Like either model yourself or have someone to help you model? At first i started not to model then i realize buyer might wanna know how the clothes actually look when tried on. Never Know. I think it would be easy also. I tried selfie clothes modeling from home with my stand up camera sometime i use my phone also or tablet. But I wondering does anyone else selfie model from home. I don't show my face depends if i doing it for a company.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Oh, yes. It helps tremendously. If you're slender.

I did it for years and then got a mannequin, which is a poor subsitutue but less work.. If you Private Message me, I'll send the User ID of a woman in France who  stands in front of a mirror. The camera is covering her face. 

Very effective.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Oh, yes. It helps tremendously. If you're slender.

I did it for years and then got a mannequin, which is a poor subsitutue but less work.. If you Private Message me, I'll send the User ID of a woman in France who  stands in front of a mirror. The camera is covering her face. 

Very effective.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Thank You! I recently started
Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Perhaps you should send the User ID of a man in France...

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Depending on how you are presenting and who you are selling to, it could really boost your sales OR tank them.

When I had my store I had a good looking male employee that would model my tshirts.  I made a killing selling every one he modeled, many with lots of bids.  There was a tshirt seller that had a few models and they tried hard to be magazine shoot poses, often you could not see the shirt - but you could see the big brown eyes of the model, they sold like there was no tomorrow.

But I have also seen sellers with models that the items are too small or too large, the models that are too old or young for the style, or models showing off their attributes that they think are a selling point, but to many are offensive, like the seller that would stick small items in their massive cleavage.

ebay is moving toward catalog looking pics, you might want to check out the solds and see if there is a high percentage of live models in the solds.  But you should never live model a new with tags garment.  It always surprises me that a few posters don't like hands holding the item, but don't seem to have a problem with a live body modeling a garment.

But there are many live modeling 'well worn' garments that are selling to the fetish crowd, so you have to be careful about that.

(*Bleep*)
Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Women are so hard to fit. I don't think that seeing how something fits someone else is helpful.

Plus there are those women. The ones who try to sell things that are too small for them and they look like a sausage. I don't want to buy a Ralph Lauren sweater that looks like it was worn by a cow.

I bought a cheapy mannequin from Marshall's that I will use when I start selling clothing again.

Make sure you have plenty of measurements.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Just something you might want to consider.  Legally when using an image of a person for commercial purposes in which the person is recognizable, a signed release is often required.  With eBay's recent move to usurp the rights of copyright owners by taking away their ability to opt out of eBay's catalog, the obtaining and maintaining of a model release becomes important.  Even if you are modeling your own items for use in your own listings there is no way of telling who may use these same images obtained from eBay's catalog in the future or how they may use them.  Just a word of warning. CYA, folks!

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

No. But the girls who model the jeans they sell and start the pic from the 'back pockets' make a killing.

It's kind of annoying because I'm a male, and don't think I will start modeling my Women's jeans for sale...but after seeing some of the model sellers, I've scratched my head a time or two.. I mean if they only see the bottom half, they'd never know I'm not a woman! Jk..... 🤔
Message 8 of 21
latest reply

if the person looks clean and clothes fit it can be a plus
I was looking for sandals but some very dirty feet were in them they had the tags and box but I just could not bring myself to buy them

a person modeling that does not fit the has the same affect
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat
Message 9 of 21
latest reply

@18704d wrote:

Lynn

Would that be tea kettle man?

@d-k_treasures wrote:

@18704d wrote:

Lynn

Would that be tea kettle man?

Probably not, but I think I may still have that picture somewhere.

Always wear clothing when photographing something reflective!

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

@honestabe411 wrote:
No. But the girls who model the jeans they sell and start the pic from the 'back pockets' make a killing.

It's kind of annoying because I'm a male, and don't think I will start modeling my Women's jeans for sale...but after seeing some of the model sellers, I've scratched my head a time or two.. I mean if they only see the bottom half, they'd never know I'm not a woman! Jk..... 🤔

Go for it, @honestabe411! 😄

Belle
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Depends on the clothes and your target market. Younger generation buyers seem to respond well to the selfie style modeling. Personally, I don't want to see NWT clothing being modeled by someone because, Ew! Used clothing, I don't really mind, because I would wash before wearing anyway. You can get a dress form or flat back headless half body mannequin at a pretty reasonable price.

Not to direct traffic away from eBay, but I bought a brand new full body mannequin from an online Store Supplies site for approximately $100 when I started selling clothing a couple of months ago.  To me, it was worth the investment, since I sell mostly more of the higher priced brand name items. You have to take into consideration how much you intend to sell to determine what make sense for you over the long run. If you're interested in seeing what they have at the place I purchased from, PM me and I'll send you the link.

Belle
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

@southernfriedbelle wrote:

Depends on the clothes and your target market. Younger generation buyers seem to respond well to the selfie style modeling. Personally, I don't want to see NWT clothing being modeled by someone because, Ew! Used clothing, I don't really mind, because I would wash before wearing anyway. You can get a dress form or flat back headless half body mannequin at a pretty reasonable price.

Not to direct traffic away from eBay, but I bought a brand new full body mannequin from an online Store Supplies site for approximately $100 when I started selling clothing a couple of months ago.  To me, it was worth the investment, since I sell mostly more of the higher priced brand name items. You have to take into consideration how much you intend to sell to determine what make sense for you over the long run. If you're interested in seeing what they have at the place I purchased from, PM me and I'll send you the link.

I would urge everyone to not model NWT clothing as that could be used to file a SNAD, even though the item was probably tried on before in a store or whatever, someone could use that as proof you "wore the item".

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

@motorgirl63 wrote:
if the person looks clean and clothes fit it can be a plus
I was looking for sandals but some very dirty feet were in them they had the tags and box but I just could not bring myself to buy them

a person modeling that does not fit the has the same affect

Eewww!!  Or listings that show someone wearing a ring on their finger and the nail is dirty or nail polish is worn away .  I have seen many of those.   I prefer to use a fake hand.  

Message 15 of 21
latest reply