Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

China China China Ebay has let them take over

Just keeping it simple China controls Ebay pretty sad

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Nothing says you have to buy from China -- or sell to China.

Block Chinese buyers.

And use the features of the Advanced search to weed out Chinese sellers.

That won't cure the problem 100% BUT it will significantly reduce it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Describe it as if there are no pictures.
Take pictures as if there is no description.
Message 2 of 34
latest reply

58% of ebay sales are FOREIGN. Yen...dollars...drachmas...all the same to ebay.
Message 3 of 34
latest reply

I don't buy or sell to China this is not my point I know it is a free country but seems like USA has less Priority with Ebay
Message 4 of 34
latest reply

ZERO % of my sales are foreign and I buy nothing that comes in an ePacket. . .

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

sales or not but when your average buyers looks up a item to buy  your item you listed to sell shows up last  buyers  do not know to block China in there search so therefore they may never find your item depends on what you are selleing too... just saying

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

@esmereldaj33

@esmereldaj33 wrote:

sales or not but when your average buyers looks up a item to buy  your item you listed to sell shows up last  buyers  do not know to block China in there search so therefore they may never find your item depends on what you are selleing too... just saying

This is the key point with the issue I believe.  I don't compete with them but feel bad for those who do ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 7 of 34
latest reply

The point is buyers have to wade through the pages and pages of Chinese, um, stuff.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 8 of 34
latest reply

Simply block listings from countries you don't want to see/buy from. No need to sound racist. 

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

@gadgetryz wrote:

Simply block listings from countries you don't want to see/buy from. No need to sound racist. 

Racist??  That is an absurd statement.  What exactly do you find in this thread so far that "sounds racist" to you?  Seriously, use the quote feature and show me what exactly "sounds racist" to you.  Don't throw that term around like its nothing more than confetti.  I'm waiting for your response!

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

@modulok! wrote:

@gadgetryz wrote:

Racist??  That is an absurd statement.  What exactly do you find in this thread so far that "sounds racist" to you?  Seriously, use the quote feature and show me what exactly "sounds racist" to you.  Don't throw that term around like its nothing more than confetti.  I'm waiting for your response!

lol....... OP complains about how Ebay is overtaken by China in a negative tone. 

And you want to tell me complaining simply based on a different country they are obviously not fond of does not sound remotely racist to you. 

Sorry but as an Asian, I've had people complain about "asian made products" then stand there, realize I am of asian hertiage and follow up with a, "oh sorry"

Two things happened.

1. They made the assumption that ALL chinese products are trash, fake, whatever negative stereotype fits your fancy. 

2. Assumed that I was Chinese. 

And you want to sit there and tell me OP doesn't have racism overtones by complaining about the  country and obviously does not want to buy anything from there, or compete. Whatever. 

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

There's a vast difference between racism and nationalism

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 12 of 34
latest reply

@gadgetryz wrote:

@modulok! wrote:

@gadgetryz wrote:

lol....... OP complains about how Ebay is overtaken by China in a negative tone. 

And you want to tell me complaining simply based on a different country they are obviously not fond of does not sound remotely racist to you. 

Sorry but as an Asian, I've had people complain about "asian made products" then stand there, realize I am of asian hertiage and follow up with a, "oh sorry"

Two things happened.

1. They made the assumption that ALL chinese products are trash, fake, whatever negative stereotype fits your fancy. 

And you want to sit there and tell me OP doesn't have racism overtones by complaining about the  country and obviously does not want to buy anything from there, or compete. Whatever. 

Racism, racism, racism - everybody shout it from the rooftops.  Look...China is known for selling cheap knockoff counterfeit carp - that's not an opinion.  Please tell me about China's stringent counterfeiting laws - please do.    And one last thing...the person who said "oh sorry" to you is a coward.  Sending a "whatever" right back at you.

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

@modulok! wrote:

@gadgetryz wrote:

@modulok! wrote:

@gadgetryz wrote:

Two things happened.

Racism, racism, racism - everybody shout it from the rooftops.  Look...China is known for selling cheap knockoff counterfeit carp - that's not an opinion.  Please tell me about China's stringent counterfeiting laws - please do.    And one last thing...the person who said "oh sorry" to you is a coward.  Sending a "whatever" right back at you.

Who told you to make assumptions that all chinese products are **bleep** though? Did you know Apple is manufactured in China? Did you know Apple hires child laborers? No? 

And nationalism and racism can go hand-in-hand by correlation if you wanna blame a country that has a majority of a population of chinese and asian descent. 

Have a good day. 

WHATEVER FOREVER!

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

There is also a difference between products made IN China FOR a USA (or European whatever) company under THEIR QA etc and the majority of the cheap counterfeit fake junk sold on sites like eBay & Aliexpress etc which are made in China but are sold direct to the consumer with zero quality or safety oversight.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 15 of 34
latest reply