cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cassini is dead? new search engine coming soon!

10 REPLIES 10

linky is dead

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@tripper101 wrote:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shooting-Star-eBay-Sellers-Group/eBay-to-Roll-Out-New-Simplified-Searc...

Yes, the link you provided is dead, but I think you are confused on this.  the "simplified Search" is NOT a replacement to Cassini.  As I understand it, it is just an enhancement Ebay has come up with for our current search engine, which is Cassini.  I could be wrong about that, but I assure you Ebay is not replacing Cassini, at least not yet.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Swell.

Everything advertised as "simpler" by eBay ends up being more expensive, less accurate, and more complicated too!

Let me guess... we'll just ignore your search entirely, and show you only the stuff we want you to buy.  It's simpler that way!

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@ted_200 wrote:

Swell.

Everything advertised as "simpler" by eBay ends up being more expensive, less accurate, and more complicated too!

Let me guess... we'll just ignore your search entirely, and show you only the stuff we want you to buy.  It's simpler that way!

I feel like they're doing that already...

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Oh, goodie!  Smiley Sad

More 'Great News!' for sellers.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

You asked, we listened!Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Not sure if they started the "New Search" yet but I noticed while searching today that most of the results didn't contain the key words I typed in. This is going to be cooool.

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

You asked, we listened!Smiley Happy

Yeah, but you/they missed the part about 'better'.  Smiley Sad

I know - details, details, details.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I don't see how it could possibly be worse than the current search.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

I don't see how it could possibly be worse than the current search.

Shhhhhhhhhh, not so loud!  They might hear you!

With ebay, nothing is impossible.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply