cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view "Sold" with also forced to View "Completed

It is very strange.  When researching an item, every time I check "Sold", "Completed' automatically get checked too.

I go into "More refinements" and sure enough, both are selected, so, I uncheck them.  And I "Apply".

I look up another item and again both are selected.  I go back to More Refinements and sure enough, bother are selected again.

No matter how many times I uncheck them and say apply, they return.

Is there any way I can stop this or am I stuck with having to look at things I don't want to see mixed in with what I do want?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

It auto-selects for me, too, but it's only showing sold items. I don't see un-sold completed unless I uncheck sold.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

If the item is sold then of course it is a completed listing so it only shows sold listings that ended. If you want all completed listings both sold and unsold then you uncheck sold.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

If the item is sold then of course it is a completed listing so it only shows sold listings that ended. If you want all completed listings both sold and unsold then you uncheck sold.

When I start out nothing is checked.  However, when I check "Sold", eBay has decided I want to see "Completed also, and checks that for me, even though I don't want to see Completed, I just want to see sold.

There is an option for doing that and it's supposed to be my choice, but no matter how many time I remove that option, eBay puts it back.

For me, the most valuable thing is "time" and being forced to waste time makes me want to go somewhere else.  to not waste time on eBay.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

My sold & completed are both checked because anything sold is completed.
I see nothing that is just completed (unsold) unless I uncheck the sold section box
Are you seeing completed (unsolds) ? when both are checked

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@etvideo1ataol wrote:

@coolections wrote:

When I start out nothing is checked.  However, when I check "Sold", eBay has decided I want to see "Completed also, and checks that for me, even though I don't want to see Completed, I just want to see sold.

There is an option for doing that and it's supposed to be my choice, but no matter how many time I remove that option, eBay puts it back.

For me, the most valuable thing is "time" and being forced to waste time makes me want to go somewhere else.  to not waste time on eBay. 

You're still not getting it. When you click sold you will see ONLY sold listings. After that, if you want to see sold AND unsold, you need to click the sold again to remove ONLY sold listings. It's a 2 second process.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Yes, so time consuming when trying to research BEFORE listing an item. eBay at one time was my top research site. Not so much anymore.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply