cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling a sale due to Problem with buyers address.

I’m helping my son get his eBay business up and running.  He got an offer, accepted it, buyer immediately sent phone number asking to “kindly text” about “a few questions”.  My son knows not to take anything off eBay, so he replied through eBay asking what the questions were.  No reply, which is what we expected.  Buyer has lots of buyer feedback, all form over 12 months ago.  Buyer lives in France, gave an address in Climax MI that doesn’t exist.  So.  Scammer for sure.  Can my son cancel now for “Problem with buyers address”, or should he wait the 4 days for eBay to cancel for non payment?  Thanks.  You folks are da BEST!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's better to wait and cancel for non-payment. The scammer will get a non-payment strike. Any brand new account is going to get targeted with these scams. I think it's a good idea to list fixed price without offers, and check off the immediate payment required box.

Go to the orders page and under actions select the Report Buyer option then file a report for requesting to take the sale off eBay.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It's better to wait and cancel for non-payment. The scammer will get a non-payment strike. Any brand new account is going to get targeted with these scams. I think it's a good idea to list fixed price without offers, and check off the immediate payment required box.

Go to the orders page and under actions select the Report Buyer option then file a report for requesting to take the sale off eBay.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks, that’s my thinking as well.  

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

scammers use compromised accounts and ask to go off eBay so the real owner of the account does not complain. Plus they will send a fake PayPal email to send ASAP. If a cheap item is bought they ask for gift cards, if expensive it usually goes to a reshipper.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

In addition to wastingtimes advice - I assume you know all about the BBL 😊

Also, 

In future to have eBay automatically cancel your transactions due to non-payment:

Go here:   https://www.ebay.com/Cancel/Preference/UnpaidPurchase

Slide the button to the left to turn it on / off or you can change the timeframe.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 5 of 5
latest reply