cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Services

I sell a repair service on here. I have the handling time set rather high since the item needs to be sent to me and then back after I repair it. I get a bit of people who buy the item without looking at the listing and realizing it's a repair to the item and not the item. I try to contact them and no response from anywhere. After a month the cancel order option disappears (I try not to let it get this far) so I used send refund and selected buyer requested to cancel. 3 out of stock defects due to this. Contacted support more times than I can count. Got told to use cancel order option in the appeal reply. The one that didn't exist. Also got told to wait for the customer to reply and ask to cancel before sending the refund. The customer that refuses to contact me in any way. Are you kidding me? I'm going to be below standard next evaluation solely due to these 3 defects. Everyone in support agrees they shouldn't be there, but nobody is doing anything to get them off of there, or actually talk to the appeals team I guess...

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Cancelling Services

Try creating a Variations listing with two choices. With or without a trade in.

eBay might not remove the out of stock defects. You will have to wait for the defects to age off of your seller hub service metrics.

Creating a label through eBay or uploading a tracking number bought elsewhere makes the menu selection for Cancel disappear. You can issue a refund.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Cancelling Services

Listing your service in the correct category might help.

Have a great day.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Cancelling Services

@tylemurra-39 

You are listing your items in categories that are for physical items.

albertabrightalberta_0-1715455597095.png

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Cancelling Services

Will listing in a service/non-tangible category make it so I have more recourse when the buyer goes without contact?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Cancelling Services

Sadly I can't create a variation listing in the category I'm in. I don't think they will remove them, I may just have to deal with reduced sales and extra fees for a few months when my next one drops off. The cancel option never gives me defects, but the send refund does 100% of the time. Even on things I've sold and sent with tracking have the cancel order if they're less than 1 month. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Cancelling Services

@tylemurra-39 wrote:

Will listing in a service/non-tangible category make it so I have more recourse when the buyer goes without contact?

Listings in the service category is not covered by the MBG.

Not having the MBG, it might cut down on your buyers.

Have a great day.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply