cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled Sale b/c of Non-Payment - Now Buyer Wants to Buy Same Item Again

Hello all. I had a customer commit to buy a gemstone (less than $100). This buyer is not a newbie (acct since 2011, hundreds of +f/b). I waited a week for payment. I sent a message and eBay sent multiple messages during that week requesting payment. I asked the buyer if they needed more time or was not interested anymore. No response from the buyer at all. So, after a week, I cancelled the order and relisted. I got distracted and did not add them to my BBL yet. So, yesterday, a couple of days after cancellation, the buyer wrote to me asking to buy the same item and for me to send an invoice - with no real explanation as to what happened during their first commitment to buy. I told the buyer that they should purchase like it was a new transaction. Buyer claims that they cannot see a payment button. I have not heard of this. Maybe it is b/c of the cancellation? Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Yes, if you canceled the transaction based on "Buyer hasn't paid," then the buyer no longer has the option to pay for the item.  You can direct them to the relist, but I hope it's a fixed price listing with immediate payment required.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

So you are willing to give this person another chance? Interesting.

Did he/she mention what happened to that first transaction?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Usually, I am happy to work with customers experiencing life-glitches, so long as they communicate and live up to their end of whatever we agree. Yet, for some reason, this one makes me a little 'itchy'. The only reason the buyer gave for non-payment was that they thought they had already paid - which is silly b/c of all of the messages that the buyer ignored. Normally, if I had not gotten distracted, I would have already added them to the BBL. Looks like EB policy regarding the cancellation may help me out.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

If they make you that uncomfortable, you should probably get them onto your BBL before they discover the relist.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

Yes, if you canceled the transaction based on "Buyer hasn't paid," then the buyer no longer has the option to pay for the item.  You can direct them to the relist, but I hope it's a fixed price listing with immediate payment required.

What I hope is that you put him on your "ignore list" immediately after you canceled the first sale.

You did that, right?

He has warned you that he's a problem ... and you proceed anyway?

I predict a red feedback in your future.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

You do not need any "eBay policy" here.  This is pretty straightforward.  Open the UPI case.

Put this person on your BBL.  She is just a little too loopy to be buying here.  There are sellers who might be willing to put up with this, but why should you do so?  

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Keep buyer on your block buyer list.

When you cancel that sale due to non-payment...usually a buyer gets a "ding" on their account.

Do you actually want to deal with a buyer who you gave a "ding" on their account...

Message 8 of 8
latest reply