cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel bids or not....

I had a gal buy my quilt blocks, and she messaged me with every possible thing wrong with them you can imagine,  I offered her a refund upon return, but no news, no feedback. I blocker her, and now the person bidding on my stuff is that same person under a new name. (2 weeks on ebay)  What does one do about that?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Cancel bids or not....

@olive*drab wrote:

I had a gal buy my quilt blocks, and she messaged me with every possible thing wrong with them you can imagine,  I offered her a refund upon return, but no news, no feedback. I blocker her, and now the person bidding on my stuff is that same person under a new name. (2 weeks on ebay)  What does one do about that?

Pardon an obvious question, but how do you know it's the same person?

Aside from that, she may have been fishing for a refund without return (because in reality she likes the stuff), and although that strategy didn't work, she still wants to buy more. But if the account you're looking at now was set up two weeks ago and was before you had all that brouhaha over the previous sale, I would not assume that it's the same person.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Cancel bids or not....

Similiar funky username, same town, same broken English in her messages as her listings. I know its a long shot, but I have a bad feeling about it and she still has a feedback to leave or not to leave, which scares me, too. New account set up same time as she complained.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Cancel bids or not....

Once its over you will probably have to ship.  Keep blocking them and there new accounts.  Its about all you can do.  Yes you can cancel but its going to hurt your store.  No partial just return refund block that what they want is for you to give in.  Best regards

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Cancel bids or not....

OP call ebay and see if they can link the accounts for you.

If same person, see if they will cancel the listing for you.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Cancel bids or not....

Always trust your gut.

Block first, worry later.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Cancel bids or not....

@olive*drab wrote:
 .... I blocker her, and now the person bidding on my stuff is that same person under a new name. (2 weeks on ebay)  What does one do about that?

You cancel those bids and block that ID, too.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Cancel bids or not....

Cancel the bids, add new id to BBL.

Hope she doesn't do it again.

You could call Ebay and alert them to her trying to circumvent your blocks but they stated last year that this was ok if the buyer really wanted the item.  But a Blue has stated they don't want buyers circumventing blocks so maybe it will help.  At least, if you continue to have issues, you have the problem documents.  Get a conversation reference number to be sure it is noted on your account, as that helps if you have to call back on an issue.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply