cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't seem to change my country in item listing

I've been on ebay for a while, living in the US. I'm now in Holland and I want to sell some things. I've updated my address in my account but no matter what, it keeps using my old address when I start a new listing. I tried to manually change it in the listing but it still gives me USPS shipping options, which obviously aren't available here. I don't know what to do. I wanted to get in touch with ebay but their time difference means I have to wait until later in the day, and it hasn't been possible to contact them yet. Actually, I don't even know if I can, because they will most likely want to call me (it doesn't say 'call us' it says 'we'll call you') on my US number, which I can't answer here. Who knows, maybe they can call a foreign number but I doubt it. So I don't even know if I can get in touch with customer support. Wondered if someone here might know what to do. Thank you for your help!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Can't seem to change my country in item listing

Hi @dreamer-of-the-day;

The shipping options (and the listing currency also) are determined by which eBay website you list on, not the item location. If you see USPS as a shipping option, then you are listing the item on eBay USA, and the currency will be in US$. There's no problem with doing that, lots of sellers in Europe and elsewhere do.

You need to show the correct item location. If it's in the Netherlands, then you need to change the location in the listing. I think eventually eBay will show the "last used" location as the default, but you will always need to double check to make sure it's correct, especially if you use "sell similar" from another listing.

For the shipping, international shipping is usually the same to each country, so you can use flat rate shipping. You need to figure out how much the shipping will cost to each country you are willing to ship to, and enter them individually in the foreign shipping part of the listing. Don't forget that on eBay USA, "domestic" shipping means shipping to the USA, so you will need to use flat rate shipping for that and find out how much it will cost to ship each item to the USA. Shipping to the Netherlands will be under the foreign shipping even though the item may be located in the Netherlands.

There is an eBay website in the Netherlands if you want to list and sell locally: www.ebay.nl but it is in Dutch language, and the currency is in € instead of US$.

You should be able to contact customer service from eBay Netherlands, and they may be able to communicate in English because most people in Europe can speak English to some extent. Or you can try contacting customer service on eBay UK www.ebay.co.uk and they have email and chat options available.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply