cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't choose calculated shipping for a listing

I'm about to post a listing for a new in-box Lego set. For every sale I've made on ebay before (my last one was in June, I believe), I have been able to enter the weight and dimensions of the package, and then I can choose from one of several calculated-cost shipping options and fixed-cost shipping options. I can do this for domestic and international shipping.

Of course, I always choose calculated shipping. It's more convenient for me and more convenient for the buyer to be able to see exactly how much they'll be charged.

However, after I enter the dimensions and weight of this new listing. I'm only given one calculated shipping option, Canada post lettermail. My package is too big and too heavy for that option. I used to select Canada post expedited, which is listed under fixed cost now. Where did the rest of the calculated options go? I can see them on mobile if I enter the weight and dimensions as 0.

The package is a pretty normal shape at Length 37.3cm Width: 26.5cm and Height: 11.5cm, and Weight: 600g. I've listed both larger and smaller items before with calculated shipping. My only two theories are that all my other sales were not new lego sets, but used, so ebay may not have that shipping option for this product category. Either that, or ebay has changed its partnership with Canada post, which I used for both international and domestic shipping, but if that were the case I would hope to see new options.

Any idea why I can't get calculated shipping and how I can get it for this item?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Did this just start with the introduction of the new listing tool/format? I am not all that familiar with the Canada postal system and any size or weight limits so will have to defer to one of your fellow Canadian sellers to respond if there is some type of limit on the shipping method. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I am having the exact same issue, only letter mail option but it still wants a flat rate.  I tried listing 3 different items and they both had the same issues.  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You can contact offline logistics, and they can quote you.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I'm not really looking for a quote, unfortuneately. I want my buyer, wherever they may be in the US or Canada, to click on the posting, and immediately see the cost of shipping to their area.

I could add fixed shipping or free, but shipping costs can fluctuate a lot in Canada depending on where it's going to so I dont't want to do that. 

I'm just looking for calculated shipping options, which ebay had plenty of less than 6 months ago when I sold my last package.

Thanks for the suggestion, though 🙂

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

There are quite a few posts about this happening on the Canadian board but I’m not sure why. One thing that you can check is to see if you have been opted into business policies. You may be able to opt out on the following page.

https://www.bizpolicy.ebay.ca/businesspolicy/policyoptin

If business policies was the problem, please let us know and zI will post it on the .ca board.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply