cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't SEARCH by Newly Listed or Ending Soonest Anymore?

So are we no longer able to search our favorite collectible categories by NEWLY LISTED and ENDING SOONEST? I can't seem to figure out how and it seems this IMPORTANT FUNCTION has been eliminated from search? I am very disappointed if this is the case. I can't seem to find anything anymore using this sites search if that is what you want to call it. And quite frankly that will be the end of buying for me although I have not purchased anything here since the switch to Managed Payments now that my funds do not get directly deposited into PayPal.  

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

greetings, you can do it just takes extra clicks to get there. You 1st have to see their propaganda 1st, you know the stuff your magically going to want because someone promotes it.

Anyway just ignore the stimuli overload and click away of categories you may luck out finding what you want.

Again, scroll down a bit after, again, you are shown all sorts of stuff they think you want, and THEN you'll see where you can still search Newest, ending soonest etc.

Sorry if I am confusing you, hopefully someone with better writing skills and less sarcasm  can chime in.

I recommend upgrading your mouse to a ergonomically comfortable fit or a wrist support band if touch screen. 

Good luck and happy hunting! And dont forget, don't blame the great sellers on eBay.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Wondered that last night.  I search using newly listed, a LOT.  Confusing.

And is everything promoted now?  Seems like a lot of listings jammed up there?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Many buyers are not going to go to that amount of trouble. They will just buy elsewhere. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

make sure your word spelling in search is correct. A typo can mess everything up. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Yea, searching newly listed in a subcategory was how many collectors did searches, it was their entertainment.  But the only thing that Ebay CEO Iannone and his predecessors collected was money, and that was more a junkie addiction than a collecting habit.  Thus we have had a string of CEOs who did not understand the broader collectible markets and are loosing valuable customers, both buyers and sellers, chasing their junkie pipedreams of becoming another Amazon. Alas, it is only in the collectible markets that Ebay has a business model that is competitive witn Amazon but Iannone prefers to continue to partner with the Chinese sellers with whom the previous CEO stated that they were acting with as partners.  But for some sellers in some niches, like postcards or vinyl records, there are now decent alternatives.  For myself, being a shameless small reseller of anything I can make some lunch money by listing, not so much.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

i can do both on laptop not on android

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply