cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Revise any Listings Because of GTC!!!

auctionpet
Guide

I'm trying to revise listings that were posted before the GTC took effect yesterday. Ebay will NOT allow any revisions!!! This is ridiculous. It shows red error messages due to the listing duration, and also won't allow one to change that duration even to GTC!! It won't allow revisions via app or website. What do they expect seller's to do who need to revise a listing for pertinent reasons. I'm not about to have to cancel these listings and relist from the few I have remaining, nor should I have to, simply to make a change to the listing! 

What is going on!!!? Why does ebay make things more difficult for sellers with every change.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@auctionpet wrote:

I'm trying to revise listings that were posted before the GTC took effect yesterday. Ebay will NOT allow any revisions!!! This is ridiculous. It shows red error messages due to the listing duration, and also won't allow one to change that duration even to GTC!! It won't allow revisions via app or website. What do they expect seller's to do who need to revise a listing for pertinent reasons. I'm not about to have to cancel these listings and relist from the few I have remaining, nor should I have to, simply to make a change to the listing! 

What is going on!!!? Why does ebay make things more difficult for sellers with every change.

Hi @auctionpet, the change to Good Til Cancelled won't effect sellers ability to revise listings. It's never been possible to change a GTC listing to another duration or revise a non-GTC listing to be GTC, so this isn't new. What are you trying to revise in the listing? At what point do you see the error message? Can you provide a screenshot of the error? Thanks! 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Hello,
I'm not trying to change a GTC. I tried to revise 30 day FP, which were created and listed prior to the 18th. I tried to add to the description and adjust the photos. It would not let me. Below is screenshot from the app. The only revision it allowed me to make without issue is price. I was able to finally make changes if I did everything one at a time, meaning I had to keep revising. I've never before experienced this issue. Thank you for replying.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

brian@ebay
BTW, the category didn't matter. That's just the type of error it showed.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Here's screenshot of trying to revise via website bulk editor. I tried to change category, add photos and adjust title/description. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I posted items yesterday, and I have been doing changes. 

I have not checked if it allowed me to change anything on the old 30 days listings. 

Feedback: I went to edit a listing and of course, GTC is there, can't change it because nowadays you can't change it at all. Why bother? 

latest reply

@auctionpet wrote:

Here's screenshot of trying to revise via website bulk editor. I tried to change category, add photos and adjust title/description. 

Hi @auctionpet, I've tested this and found that the error occurs only when the category is revised. Keeping the category the same will not result in the error message. I'll get this reported. If you need to change the category soon then ending the item and relisting it will be the only work around. Thanks for reporting this! 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Dunno. I revised a few this morning, but maybe it had to do with revising something specific. My question is how come eBay can't hop on the bus fast enough to ask for a screenshot or some other useless thing. But, asking about the GTC move and such, they stick their heads in the sand????? The move is NOT going to work. I've already cut back on things and am having to partially use the title portion of a listing to put a date in so I know when to cancel. Planning to try and dump inventory quicker for less, and then a few months down the line I can cancel my subscription and I don't have to have any dealings with eBay. It must be pretty crooked at the top, ehhh? 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@auctionpet wrote:

I've been seeing that error for about 2 weeks now ... it is just the eBay software glitch of the day (that hasn't been fixed for two weeks).

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone! I've received more information about this that I want to share. A category change triggers validation of the duration, and since only GTC will now be supported, sellers will see this error if the duration is not GTC. As long as the category does not change on the listing, we will not validate the duration, and whatever duration that was previously set on the listing will be kept as-is. 

If a seller wishes to keep the short duration (non-GTC) on the listing, then they cannot revise the category. If they wish to revise the category, then they will need to end the listing and create a new one with GTC duration.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 10 of 10
latest reply