cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I still required payment within 2 days under managed payments?

As a seller, I've always required payment within 2 days, never a problem with that. Now that I'm in managed payments, does that change?   A buyer told me a "pay-by" date now shows on the her end, after she won a bid, and it's about 5 days out from the sale.   Does anyone know if sellers lost the time frame for payment?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2021-spring/business.html

Read the part entitled "New cancel function for unpaid items." This was in the Spring Seller Update. If you haven't read the rest of the Update, you probably should do that, too. 

Old way: 2 days before Unpaid Item case opened, buyer then had another 4 days to pay, for a total of 6 days. Now, from time buyer  clicks to buy, buyer has five days, no need for seller to open unpaid item case. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

This was a question about whether we can still require or expect payment within 2 days, not how to resolve an unpaid-item case.  I saw that change in the Spring Seller update.  I guess I'll assume all buyers can take 5 days to pay, which would be ridiculous in my view.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Buyers now have 5 days to pay instead of 2 days, as "my-cottage-books-and-antiques" said.

-------------
Posting ID
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Buyers now have 5 day to pay instead of 6 days.  If you filed an unpaid item claim after 2 days, they still had 4 more days to pay before you could close the claim.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply