cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I cancel my bid listing early and just give it to the person with the highest bid?

I forgot I am going on vacation in a couple days and the listing still has 4 days left. Is it possible to cancel the listing and give it to the highest bidder?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Can I cancel my bid listing early and just give it to the person with the highest bid?

Sure.   I think so, but there is nothing that will prevent the buyer from 'taking their time to pay should they win the auction.  Are you under TRS restraints? 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Go to the listing... >more actions > sell item >select reason >end listing.

Have never done it but you can find an answer to 99.9% of any issues in Help & Contact or the Site Map.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@michaelweaser15 Yes, but you can't force the buyer to pay in a timely manner and since it's a holiday weekend you never know if the buyer is away.

If you end it early and sell to the highest bidder, I would be prepared to pack up the item and have it ready to go. If you don't receive payment before your vacation then you should have a plan to either take the package with you and ship it while you're away or leave it with a friend/neighbor who could ship while you're away after you let them know that payment has cleared. Make sure they keep the PO receipt and tracking number for you.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/end_early.html

To end a listing early and cancel all bids or sell to the high bidder:

1. Go to My eBay > Selling and find the item.

2. From the More actions drop-down menu, select End My Listing Early.

3. If there are bids on your item, choose how you want to end your listing.

• If there are 12 or more hours before the end of the listing, select Cancel bids and end listing early or Sell item to high bidder.

• If there are fewer than 12 hours before the end of the listing, your only option is Sell item to high bidder.

Note: If your item has no bids, you can skip this step

4. Select the reason you're ending your listing early and click End My Listing.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

Sure.   I think so, but there is nothing that will prevent the buyer from 'taking their time to pay should they win the auction.  Are you under TRS restraints? 

OP is a small casual seller.

The bidder WILL "win the auction" as OP wishes to sell to the high bidder.

Good point about the possible NPB.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@*help_no_brakes* wrote:

Go to the listing... >more actions > sell item >select reason >end listing.

Have never done it but you can find an answer to 99.9% of any issues in Help & Contact or the Site Map.

Good help!

The only reliable help is here on the boards.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Your signature line - It is probably too late.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 7 of 7
latest reply