cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Have This Neg Feedback Removed?

Sold BNWT dress to a buyer with an address in Oregon US. 2 weeks after it was delivered buyer claim there's a hole on the dress. I told her to send me a picture of the dress with tags still on, if it's still in NWT condition I'd provide a return shipping label for her to return it and issue full refund. She wouldn't send me a picture of the tags, later admitted she had ripped the tags off, then she said she couldn't return the dress because she used a forwarding service to have the dress delivered in Singapore. Basically, she just wanted refund without returning the dress. I told her, no return, no refund, and I was already doing her a favor by offering return for refund when the condition of the dress was already altered. She turned around left me a neg feedback.

1. I am positive, 100%, the dress was in perfect condition when shipped, but I am guessing that doesn't mean anything on eBay.

2. I have all the messages back & forth with the buyer, including she admitted she had ripped the tags off, and she even sent me the tracking number from the forwarding service she used to deliver to Singapore.

I am wondering if I call CS, do I have a chance to have the neg removed?

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Maybe.  Since you offer returns and the buyer is stating in the feedback that  " Bought from overseas so couldn't return".   It's worth a try. 

-Edit-

Actually, probably no chance, since the listing in question is seller does not accept returns.  

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

You can only email CS, it's worth a try to get the negative removed. Good luck.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Wonder if the hole is where she "ripped the tags off"?  (instead of cutting them off)

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

You can try to have it removed, but I doubt that it will happen.  ebay considers it 'The Buyer's Opinion', and it has no vulgarity or no name calling. 

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

The remark left doesn't appear to violate policy, but you might get an understanding rep to remove it. If not, you can leave a follow-up remark that will establish your efforts to assist the customer. That will negate the neg’s effects. Also, most buyers will not be dissuaded by a single negative feedback in a sea of positives like you have. I would suggest something along the lines of “Full refund was offered upon return. Buyer declined. Wanted refund w/o return.”

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

In my message to her, I told her to open a return request, a return label will be generated at no cost to her. But, she said clearly in the response, she doesn't want to return it.
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

She did send me a picture of the hole. Can't tell where it is. I just don't believe her, who rips the tags off before inspecting the item. I gave her benefit of doubt and still accept return. She could just return it and get her money back but she refused to send the dress back.
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

@rnparts2013   Its going to be a while until eBay has their phones manned again so would you consider a different approach for now?  Just to confirm, the Buyer never sent pictures of the hole in the dress, correct? (your post said she would not send pictures of the tags but no mention of the hole)?

Okay, consider messaging the Buyer and let her know eBay currently has no phone support but that should change sometime next month and that at that time your plans are to call them and discuss the transaction ... don't say why.

Then ask her if in the interim would she consider changing the Feedback she left for you to Positive and here is why you ask.  Sellers look at the Feedback Buyers leave for other Sellers.  Some times Sellers will decide NOT to work with Buyers who leave Negative or Neutral Feedback for other members.  Let her know that in the end, the Negative she left for you may have more affect on her Buying activity then your Selling.  You can also let her know that Sellers are permitted to send 5 Feedback revision forms per year and at her request you would be more then happy to send one.

I received Neutral FB from a (5) Feedback Buyer early on ... they never messaged or anything just left the FB with a complaint on a cast iron skillet.  I was a little confused because the FB comment they left just didn't make a whole lot of sense.  So I messaged them and explained the eBay encourages "Trading partners" in a transaction to work things out before taking any action and that by simply placing the neutral FB they had given me no opportunity to try and work a potential issue out.  It was a polite, matter of fact message.  They messaged back that they "thought" they had to leave FB right away.  I said okay but here is something else to consider and I told here what I suggested you tell your Buyer ... that the Neutral they left for me will stand out more on her FB History then on mine ... after a few back and forth messages they came clean and said the REAL issue was they were older and the skillet was too heavy for them.  At that point I said no problem and walked them through filing a return.  Once we got that done they offered to change the FB but at that point I declined (mainly because I did not know FB revisions can only be made better not worse and I was afraid they would make a mistake and change it to Negative LOL).  Once I got the skillet back I "replied" to their FB with a matter of fact comment void of any anger or malice ... and moved on.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Is this the same dress that you asked about in March, a dress that sold in February?

Anyway, since it represents the buyer's opinion, it's unlikely that eBay will remove the feedback, but you can certainly leave a calm and factual followup and point out that the buyer could have returned it.  

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Mind you, this is not an uncommon issue with sellers and buyers using forwarding services from foreign countries. Apparently, this OR address forwards a lot eBay items, and quite amount of sellers received request for refund without returning for foreign buyers. 

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

I couldn't find where to leave a "follow-up", enlighten me.
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@rnparts2013 wrote:
I couldn't find where to leave a "follow-up", enlighten me.

Scroll down to the bottom of your own feedback page. On the bottom right-hand side, click on "Reply to received Feedback." Keep in mind that your audience for a feedback reply is your future buyers, not the one who left you the negative feedback comment. Keep it calm and straightforward. 

Reply to feedback.JPG

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Yes, it was.

I followed everyone's advice, told her full refund for return, no refund no return.
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

I would do what @pburn suggests and leave it at that.  With a reasoned, professional reply, the neg won't affect much (and it won't affect your metrics - it's all about buyer optics at this point).  Most people in my experience are more interested in the steps any seller or business took to resolve a problem (real or not) than whatever that problem might have been.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 15 of 18
latest reply