cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculated Shipment Rates

In English.....what is meant by changing listings under the new process of "Default Shipping Rates"?  I sell vinyl products, and my listings  all reflect EITHER a shipping rate of $5.50 (rarely this one) OR  $6.00 90+% of my listings.  Am I safe from this new eBay procedure?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@jimsvinylvault 

If you receive the offer from eBay, there is a simple "Opt out" option, which most eBay sellers seem to be using, not wanting any part of this new "eBay discount program only for buyers."

Play it safe, and opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Yes, you are, since the change will affect only listings which use calculated shipping.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

EBAY will give customers "discounted postal rate" on all listings that use "calculated rates".     Some sellers do NOT pass on the discount to their customers.   According, to weblink below....you can "opt out" if you want to keep "discount" for yourself.  EBAY does NOT recommend  because they believe you will get more customers with low shipping rates.

Nothing will change if you assign a "flat $5.00" for shipping (only applies to calculated rates).

https://mesg.ebay.com/mesgweb/ViewMessageDetail/0/All/183902639035

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thanks  to you both.  I am still not sure if I am going to be impacted by this change, so I will just summarize my position this way:  IF this new process makes ANY ALTERATION to my nearly five thousand listings, I will just end my 20+ year eBay adventure!  

As it is now, the past two years I have barely broke even towards my desire to offer up and sale off what still continues to be my unfortunate (e.g. a hobby that went out of control) VINYL HOARD!  Any additional eBay charges/financial decisions will just force me to find a different solution to offering up my  HUGE Elvis Presley vinyl collection....and my HUGE Billboard 1948-1969 45rpm collection.  I'm an 81 year old IBM retiree that just doesn't need to be 'working for eBay'.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Your listings will not affected by the change.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@jimsvinylvault 

If you receive the offer from eBay, there is a simple "Opt out" option, which most eBay sellers seem to be using, not wanting any part of this new "eBay discount program only for buyers."

Play it safe, and opt out.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

And THOSE TWO responses give me the confidence that I REQUIRED!  I will stick around until the end of 2024.  So many records to offer....so little time.  Well back to my 'work'; and THANKS AGAIN!  Jim

Message 7 of 7
latest reply