cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer requested Local Pickup after auction bidding started.

Local Pickup was requested by a potential Buyer, but a auction bid had been placed before "local pickup" could be enabled.  Can "local pickup" still be arranged if requesting Buyer wins auction?  

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

inhawaii's answer is one possible solution.

Another is that the sale goes through as listed.  Then, you can drop off/buyer picks up and you refund the shipping price to the buyer.

I sold an item and when the invoice was generated, the buyer lived one block over from me.  I just went to his house and gave him the item stating I would refund his shipping since he lived so close.  Got positive feedback too since he got it the next day.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Do you want to offer this bidder local pick up?

I would tell the bidder you do not offer local pick up as it clearly states in your listing.

His bid was for an item that DOES NOT have local pick up. 

If the bidder doesn't like it, he/she may cancel their bid. 

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

inhawaii's answer is one possible solution.

Another is that the sale goes through as listed.  Then, you can drop off/buyer picks up and you refund the shipping price to the buyer.

I sold an item and when the invoice was generated, the buyer lived one block over from me.  I just went to his house and gave him the item stating I would refund his shipping since he lived so close.  Got positive feedback too since he got it the next day.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply