cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer ordered wrong item but does not want a refund

Hi,

Just trying to get other peoples feedback with this scenario.

I have a buyer who ordered the wrong item and hes telling me to keep the money. 

He doesn't want the correct item as he had already purchased it somewhere else and he does not want a refund or the wrong item ordered.

Am I forced to refund this buyer even though hes telling me not to or should I just do as he wishes and not refund him?

Can it cause me problems if a refund is not issued even when he tells me not to issue one?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You do not have to do anything, if you do not want to?  If he opens a request then follow through with the request, but other than that no worries.

Good Luck Selling!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You do not have to do anything, if you do not want to?  If he opens a request then follow through with the request, but other than that no worries.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

We would go ahead and refund thats just us though.  Sounds like a good customer and probably want them to come back.  Best regards

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

you are not forced to refund him and i think it is foolish to pay for his mistake so i disagree that you should refund him as an attempt to keep him as a customer. if he wants to return the item then by all means welcome the return if he initates a formal return request. 

**POSTING ID**
***The best advice I've ever received in the community is that if you don't want someone to respond to you, you shouldn't respond to them***
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Buyer didn't ask for refund, do not refund! you'll be out the item and the money if you do.

keep an eye on your feedback in case he leaves something other than a positive. You can dispute a negative or neutral in this matter to have it remvoed since he never asked for a refund and he's the one who ordered the wrong item.

A Little Common Sense goes a Long Way
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

eBay can see any back and forth messages. Them ordering the wrong item and refusing a solution is on them. I had a buyer tell me to cancel an order and did per request. They turned around and left bad feedback stating I canceled the item. I got on the phone with eBay and they saw where they asked me too and bad feedback was removed. I wouldn’t worry about anything at this point.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

n/m I missed the date the thread was started

JMHO always
Message 7 of 7
latest reply