cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer opened return cases, got refunded and returned different items...cheating!

I sold two Cgc ss 9.8 Spawn #221 sketch variant (Cgc #1511873009) and Cgc ss 9.8 #223 sketch variant (Cgc #1511873001) both signed by Todd McFarlane to eBay buyer, for USD945 on 26 Nov 2019. I sent the two books by speedpost and arrived her home securely and safely.

However, she claimed my books have scratches (which is not uncommon for slabbed books) and she asked for return. I suspected she is not honest but accepted her request per eBay request, paid her USD60 for return shipping costs . Frankly I suspect she would definitely send me different books to steal my books and money, so I reported to eBay in advance. I received the returned box from the buyer on 20 Dec 2019 and opened the box (I filmed the whole process when unpacking) and found she returned different books ( two Cgc 9.4 Infinity #1 ) and not the items sold. She then got refunded and thus, my precious books are stolen.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Buyer opened return cases, got refunded and returned different items...cheating!

Contact eBay trust & safety, also file  reports with all appropriate law enforcement agencies.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

This whole return for refund process stinks as Ebay cannot prove what a seller sent to the buyer.  So they take the buyers word for it.  They can return anything.  My buddy sold a mixed lot of sterling flatware and received back a box of equal weight literally filled with lollypop SUCKERS.   Ebay gave a refund.   

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Start with filing complaints with USPS Postal Inspectors - mail fraud is illegal, a felony and dimly viewed by the USPS.  Then, IC3, then police - yours and theirs.  No guarantee anything will obviously come of it, but you have to file if anything is to ever be done.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Probably can't file those. If the OP had to send the buyer $$ to ship them back this was most likely a cross border sale.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

The OP is from Hong Kong.   eBay has already thrown him under the bus.  Don't know if he can file with US agencies for redress.  

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@pink.fish.rule wrote:
Probably can't file those. If the OP had to send the buyer $$ to ship them back this was most likely a cross border sale.

If the buyer is in the US, I don't see any reason why the OP couldn't file a complaint.  The USPS still handled the mail.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 7 of 7
latest reply