cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer never sent return

I’m pretty new to eBay. I sent a buyer the wrong item. Once he got it and let me know if the mistake, he opened a claim for a refund. I immediately accepted the refund and purchased a shipping label through eBay. The buyer for sure got the label because after the he mentioned that he had no way in printing a label. 

Anyway it’s been 3 weeks and still have not seen the item and the case is closed. Does this mean I am out the item I sent? I can’t find the tracking for that label I sent the buyer so I can’t really track the label. Is there some place I can find that information? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Buyer never sent return

Did you already give the buyer their refund? If you did then yeah, you're most likely not going to get the item back. Refunds for returns should only be issued when you have the item back in your possession. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Buyer never sent return

You are supposed to wait until you get the item back and inspect it before issuing a refund.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Buyer never sent return

Have you refunded? If so, I doubt they will send it. Typically for returns, you wait until item is received and then the refund is automated. If you refunded prior to receipt of goods, most likely this buyer is not going to honor the return. Please read up on eBay's money back guarantee so that you do not commit this error.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Buyer never sent return

Thanks for the reply. It is a lesson learned. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Buyer never sent return

You are not charged for "return label" until the customer prints and uses it.   Since your case has already closed you are in the clear.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply