cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer left nasty eBay feedback after demanding a differnent product be shipped !

Buyer immediately contacted me at winning auction and demanded a totally different plant product!  

Buyer then posted: SCAM NOT ACTUAL DAYLILLY PROPS ITS PIECES OF ROOTS THAT DONT MAKE NEW PLANTS BEWARE ALMOST ALL LISTINGS ARE A SCAM " this also impact all selling ditch lily bulbs on eBay other than myself.  These are frequently purchased to be consumed as a starchy type of food. I have successfully planted the little pieces and they grew, the buyer says they are a plant expert.  

Very RUDE! before even being shipped the buyer blasted feedback when I refused to violate policy by changing the product in the auction!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Buyer left nasty eBay feedback after demanding a differnent product be shipped !

I suggest calling customer service. They might be able to remove the feedback.

I think the word "scam" might not be allowed in feedback.

I had "fake" in my negative feedback and customer service was great in removing the feedback.

Always be polite and business-like when communicating of course to buyers and sellers

for this to happen.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@fishgeekut9 

As a "non plant" person, I might not understand why some sellers do what they do but as a buyer and independent ebay member, I have a question. 

Why are your plant listings private? (I understand the desire to have private listings for personal or fetish items.) But flowers? It makes me wonder what you're hiding. 

In this case, a potential buyer would (presumably) check your feedback before deciding whether you're a seller with whom they want to spend their hard-earned money and with private listings, one can't look at the listing and see if the allegations in feedback are correct. 

(For example, in a category I'm familiar, if I see a Coach bag I want and see a "fake" accusation in the feedback, I can look at the seller's listing to see if the accusation is correct and warranted.)  Private listings don't allow me that ability.

While you may not be hiding anything, private listings make me question them.

JMHO. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

...I thought buyers only can leave negative FB after 7 days of receiving items, not immediately...as every time when I started leaving a FB for a seller, my screen popped up that reminder...

...and also if the purchase was following up with a request for return case, the listing disappeared and buyer can not leave any FB at all...but seller can still leave (of course) a positive FB with nasty comments in revenge for receiving a case of returning their defective item by buyer...

...as I commented before, although buying and selling online are "invisible", the insults sometimes are unbearable...

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@bbravo65 wrote:

...as I commented before, although buying and selling online are "invisible", the insults sometimes are unbearable...

Yes.  Some days so very unkind.  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

As far as the customer's complaint, it's valid.

It doesn't matter if he's right or wrong. That's irrelevant. 

As far as the feedback, I see nothing wrong with it.

It's his opinion.   I guess it won't hurt to TRY and have it removed.

Come up with a calm, factual reply. Remember, your future customers will be reading it.

"Hundreds of satisfied customers. If you are not happy with your purchase, please return for a full refund."

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@fishgeekut9 

If indeed the FB was left before the product even arrived, please reach out to e-Bay on Social Media and send them a private message to look into this for you and work to perhaps remove the FB.

(15) eBay for Business | Facebook

Message button in the upper right on landing page.  Send them a PM with your USER ID, email and a brief summary of the issue.  Good luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

eBay allows buyers to remain private. That is a discussion topic directly for eBay. I sell a broad variety of products and that option is on all of them. 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Then get the feedback removed.  Just state to the representative look at messages.  They will look and see this and remove the feedback.  Easy peasy 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@albertabrightalbertais referring to the listing itself being private so that prospective buyers can not see what the buyers feedback is for.   I have to agree with her, there is rarely a reason for a listing to be private unless it is for intimate items.  I find it annoying as well when I can't compare the feedback to the item that was sold.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Maybe don't market inert pieces of starch as bulbs

Your listing was a scam, you are a scammer and you tricked some one who knew what they are talking about with deceptive photos and description on your listing .

Bad seller

next

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Yup defiantly contact ebay.

Especially if that feedback was left BEFORE they even received the item.

Hopefully they will remove that feedback.

If they don't ... keep trying. 

Good luck!

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Just so you all know this dude is a scammer 

He preys on the ignorant and uses deceptive pictures and descriptions 

And since his product takes a year to see if it works he is way out side of the return and feedback window .

He does not market his "bulbs" as food either example https://www.ebay.com/itm/175276016377?hash=item28cf43c2f9:g:PWgAAOSwJEpgb0Bi 

for the uninformed those chopped up roots he is selling as "bulbs" do not propagate into anything besides some rotten plant matter and he was selling them with pictures of full grown plants and saying how this inert garbage is going to "Will flower first season."

When in fact it does not propagate into anything but rot.

Scammers like this are why eBay is losing many many customers 

He even got me with deceptive pictures 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply