cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer insists that I send the item to his P.O.B box instead of his Full Shipping Address

Buyer dont want to send me his Full shipping address and gives me P.O.B BOX only.

Since i dont send to P.O.B Boxes and i also smell that buyer oblivious messages that i send him.

He also didnt pay the item from the begining- he pay just after i opened a case.

And he still insists that i should send him to his P.O.B Box.

What should i do?

Cancel the sale?

Contact ebay? 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Buyer insists that I send the item to his P.O.B box instead of his Full Shipping Address

Why won't you ship to a PO Box?

Why don't you have PO Box addresses blocked in your Site Preferences?

Most sellers are glad to ship to a PO box because it ensure that the package won't be left  on the buyer's front steps to be rained-on or stolen.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Why on earth would you cancel the sale?  A PO box is a perfectly valid address.  Some places do not have street mail delivery and ONLY have PO boxes for addresses.

The only time it would be an issue would be if you were using UPS or FedEx to ship.  Otherwise, there is no reason not to ship to a PO box.  Shipping to a PO box is much safer than shipping to a physical address because the box will not be sitting out on a porch or in someone's mailbox, where it could be stolen.  It will be kept at the post office until the buyer goes to pick it up.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Why are you adamant about not sending to a POB?!?  

I've lived in many jurisdictions where a POB was the ONLY address acceptable for mail.  At my current location I do have a physical address, but it is not so nearly as secure or well-tracked by the PO.  I prefer all my mail to be sent to the POB and I pay to maintain that secure delivery option.  I will work with a seller who only ships via non postal carrier.  

Unless YOU really have a reason to only allow the less secure, non-POB option, then maybe you can discuss it with your buyer.  I am an eBayer of nearly 20 years and have never had a POB problem.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@thinksales wrote:

Buyer dont want to send me his Full shipping address and gives me P.O.B BOX only.

Since i dont send to P.O.B Boxes and i also smell that buyer oblivious messages that i send him.

He also didnt pay the item from the begining- he pay just after i opened a case.

And he still insists that i should send him to his P.O.B Box.

His PO Box is his full shipping address, if that's what you received with his payment. Can you not just ship the item?

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

You ship to the address provided during payment, if the address is a PO Box, ship it to the PO Box.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Unless you ship via Fedex or UPS, you have no reason to not ship the item.  PO Boxes are far safer  than having an item left unattended in a mailbox or on a porch for hours on end, to possibly be stolen.

The buyer paid, you ship. That's how this whole online selling thing works.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

If that was the ship to address supplied with payment, no problem.  If not, problem with address.

Sending to a PO box, it's actually safer than a package sitting on some porches.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

It seems learning the rules is not high on your priority list, so let me be loud.

YOU SHIP WHERE THE PAYMENT DATA SAYS TO SHIP. NO EXCUSES.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

You need to ship to the address provided by PayPal.  Log into PayPal and see what that address might be. 

It is not a problem shipping to a PO Box if it is the address of record visible in the Pal at time of payment. 

Problems will arise if you ship to an alternate address provided in an eBay message.  Oftentimes now, people that write to you to change the address are not even the winning bidder or buyer of record.  You need to be vigilant.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

You must send it to the address PayPal said "OK To Ship" to.  The address PayPal provided.  THAT is the shipping address you must prove delivery to or lose seller protection.    

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

It sounds as if you have PO Boxes blocked. Nothing wrong with that and I won't question  your decision.

So the buyers address you have been given by ebay is not a po box, I assume.

But something else.

Now AFTER THE SALE, he has has given you another address which is a po box.

This means he tried to buy with his address and was given an error message you do not ship to po boxes and is now trying to circumvent your buyer restrictions. Not good.

And to boot...he's taken days to make payment for the item

I'd offer to kindly cancel the sale if he needs the item to go anywhere besides the address you received.

Then chose the option that "buyer requested to cancel sale" so if he leaves bad feedback, it can be removed. Well that used to be EBAYs policy they are always changing things so hopefully that's still in place. Good luck, sorry this happened

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@froggyjump wrote:

It sounds as if you have PO Boxes blocked. Nothing wrong with that and I won't question  your decision.

So the buyers address you have been given by ebay is not a po box, I assume.

But something else.

Now AFTER THE SALE, he has has given you another address which is a po box.

This means he tried to buy with his address and was given an error message you do not ship to po boxes and is now trying to circumvent your buyer restrictions. Not good.

And to boot...he's taken days to make payment for the item

The slow pay isn't a factor now that the item is paid for, but in looking at the latest sold item, I do see that PO Boxes are excluded, for whatever reason. 

I'm not sure how or if it matters, but I might as well point out that the OP is in Israel and shipping from there. I don't know if that would affect his choice of carrier, or what his options are there for the type of shipping promised in the listing.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

@froggyjump wrote:

No it doesn't (and they don't), this is why they have the problem.

All the OP can do is refuse to ship and take the mega-defect that comes with that choice.

There you have it, another unhappy customer with a story to tell about how lame buying on eBay is.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

Why won't you ship to a PO Box?

Why don't you have PO Box addresses blocked in your Site Preferences?

Most sellers are glad to ship to a PO box because it ensure that the package won't be left  on the buyer's front steps to be rained-on or stolen.

Maybe the OP works for UPS.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply