cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer did not return item

I sold an item to a buyer that claims it was smaller than described,  they started a case without even contacting me first and  requested  a full refund.  "I" measured the item myself and checked the transaction to be sure I had entered all the numbers correctly. I was and still am 100% positive it was a bogus claim but to appease ebays catering to the buyer I refunded 100% and also paid for return shipping to ensure I got the item back even though "BUYER PAYS RETURN SHIPPING" is clearly stated. . That was back in OCT, no returned item, no contact from the buyer, no help from ebay and I can't even leave a negative feedback. Ebay is just not the place it used to be..  low sales, low offers high shipping and crooked buyers that know how to play the game. There should be a consequence for buyers in some way when accusations are completely fraudulant. Gotta be a better way!  Did I miss something here? NOW.... Looking back, could I have sent a return label and stated 100% refund once item is returned? Possibly my mistake and a lesson learned but it still isn't right that buyers are catered to !

P.S. I am also a frequent buyer and can't see myself cheating a seller!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@dk1958

You are correct. You could have/should have refunded after return.

With a 100% refund the buyer has not incentive(other than a moral obligation) to return the item.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

"

Gotta be a better way!  Did I miss something here? NOW.... Looking back, could I have sent a return label and stated 100% refund once item is returned? Possibly my mistake and a lesson learned but it still isn't right that buyers are catered to !" 

Um, you are supposed to wait for the items return BEFORE refunding.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply