cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer can't submit an offer when best offer is availablle

These glitches are getting out of control. I have a buyer who can't send an offer on am item with best offers. I would think Ebay would want items to sell. If they did, they would fix these issues. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

*an

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Some buyers can't make an offer because if sellers choice of settings.    Buyer that are 

"Non paying bidders"  in the last 12 months are blocked from buying my items.

Sometimes,   When a buyer is blocked,   It's for a good reason and not a glitch at all.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

If the buyer messaged you using the item of interest, you can try sending them an offer through the message. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@jovanacombsllc   

There are a couple of things that could be going on.  If your buyer, in their message to you, wants you to contact them "off eBay", it is very likely they are just trying to set you up for a scam.  The make offer is probably working fine.  

It indeed could be a glitch, and if they wait a while, it may work in an hour or so. 

They may be in a country that you excluded. 

EBay has also is in the process of requiring buyers to provide a payment source PRIOR to making an offer that will be immediately charged if you accept. It eliminates the possibility for the buyer to request a combined shipping total for multiple items.   In your case, however, you removed the preference that eBay originally set to YES as a default, so that is not a likely cause. 

An additional problem may simply be on the "buyer" end.  One of the punishments eBay doles out for buyers that don't pay is that they can ONLY use Buy It Now.  They are no long allowed to make offers or place auction bids. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

That "punishment" that is "doled out" by eBay is actually doled out by the seller.

If/when a seller cancels a transaction, citing "buyer did not pay" as the reason, that buyer has a "strike". 

Any seller can set up his buyer requirements so that he does not have to deal with any buyer who has two of those "strikes" in a twelve month period.  But that restriction is set up by the seller, not by eBay. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@jovanacombsllc wrote:

These glitches are getting out of control. I have a buyer who can't send an offer on am item with best offers. I would think Ebay would want items to sell. If they did, they would fix these issues. 

YEP! Just on Friday, there was an issue of NOT BEING able to LIST, RELIST, REVISE, SELL SIMILAR, or update / complete drafts. Took ebay about 2 days for a FIX late Sunday.

EBAY is liken to the end stages of K-Mart with the inside of the stores looking like a mess, rundown or cities like San Fran, Portlandia in a CRIME / drugged out state of destruction.😲

GIF_picard-patrick-stewart_14.gif

Message 7 of 7
latest reply