cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer buys a camera case even though he knows it is meant for another model,

Is this fair to the seller who has identified the case for a certain camera, and the buyer knows that, so purchases the case and of course does not fit.  Buyer asked seller if camera will fit his different camera, answer, was I did not know. Will I get all refunds, or will it cost me,  Auto return case filed by Buyer, stating Does not fit?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If his reason for the return was doesn't fit that would be a remorse return and you can refuse because your policy is you don't accept returns. If his reason was not as described you would be forced to accept and provide a return label.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@josepht81903 wrote:

Buyer asked seller if camera will fit his different camera, answer, was I did not know.

My answer to that question would have been "No".

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Personally, I'd jump on that Return with all four paws... ACCEPT IT. Your buyer will send back your camera case and you will refund the buyer (all but the shipping cost, since a remorse return was cited) only after your camera case comes back to you. I find that if an item sells once, it will again. Relist it, and, as mentioned above, if you're asked the 'fit' question again... your answer is "No". 'Doesn't fit'... doesn't mean it won't fit for another buyer. 

Personally, I think your buyer is being quite honest. They knew that it wasn't for their camera and took a shot at buying it to try it out anyway. I'd revisit your 'No Returns' policy in this case. But that's just me... good luck to you.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

Personally, I'd jump on that Return with all four paws... ACCEPT IT. Your buyer will send back your camera case and you will refund the buyer (all but the shipping cost, since a remorse return was cited) only after your camera case comes back to you. I find that if an item sells once, it will again. Relist it, and, as mentioned above, if you're asked the 'fit' question again... your answer is "No". 'Doesn't fit'... doesn't mean it won't fit for another buyer. 

Personally, I think your buyer is being quite honest. They knew that it wasn't for their camera and took a shot at buying it to try it out anyway. I'd revisit your 'No Returns' policy in this case. But that's just me... good luck to you.

@josepht81903 

Could not have said it better - it is a pain on these returns, but at least it is a remorse return, etc.

They always say if it sold once, it will sell again.  Take @mtgraves7984 's advice & Good luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 5 of 5
latest reply