cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer States Baseball Cards Missing From Package - Options

I have a buyer who bought 16 cards.  3 days after the tracked package was delivered, the buyer states that 4 cards are missing, and only states the high value card.  I know for a fact that the card was in the package, because I wrapped it separately and at attached it to the others...in the middle so as to provide more protection.

Buyer wants a refund of half the total.  I reported the buyer to ebay as I noticed all the buyers feedback is private.

Questions:

1)  Anyone deal with this before (first time for me after selling about 2000 items)?

2) Any options in dealing what is no doubt fraud?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Return for refund, and block buyer... we all get em.  Nothing you do or say is going to change the outcome if he opens a case, the buyer will win.

Cut him off at the pass... he returns "what he got" and gets a refund, or he quietly goes away.

ooo forgot either way block buyer so he doesn't come back for a second shot.

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

You have two choices.

1. Offer to return for refund, no partial.

2. Apologize and refund as requested.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

.... the buyer states that 4 cards are missing, and only states the high value card

You didn't think a low value card would be missing, did you?

Have them open a case, send a return label, and refund on return. You already reported the buyer, but you should probably do it again IF they send back anything.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The easiest thing to do would be to offer a partial refund giving 25% off, since 4 cards were missing according to him. If he declines, return for a refund.

If you shipped USPS, file a claim that the contents of the item went missing.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Appreciate the feedback.  Makes me want to just stop selling.  Went through a bunch of "never received the cards" when I sent 50 cent postage, now that I attach tracking to all sales, a certain faction comes up with something new.  Definitely blocking.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@motorcity68 wrote:

Appreciate the feedback.  Makes me want to just stop selling.  Went through a bunch of "never received the cards" when I sent 50 cent postage, now that I attach tracking to all sales, a certain faction comes up with something new.  Definitely blocking.

Comes with card selling I swear...  Tis why I can send my bracelets in a white envelope with 1 in 600+ with 'I never got it' but with the cards it got down to 1 in 10... nope no way USPS is losing that many so they went to packages with tracking... amazing how I never lost another card after that.

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply