cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked a buyer for the first time in almost a decade

Had a buyer request a return today because of them thinking the item I sold was counterfeit.  I responded I will take the return and that I know for certain, 100% that the cards they bought are real.  I would be happy to send them for authentication when I get them back.  It was upsetting but the cost of doing business.  I accepted the return and blocked them.  First one in a decade.  I opened the packs that were directly from the distributer from an unopened box back in the day when no one would think of counterfeiting them.  I sat on them for almost 3 decades.  Live and learn

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I would have requested a return too if I bought cards that someone had been sitting on for 3 decades.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I would have done the same as you.

Assure the buyer that they were authentic but still accept the return if they insisted.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The were a little warm

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I did, I even offered to authenticate them once I got them back and probably will.  I do have 25 cards that I need to be slabbed.  Definitely, I allowed the best offer to the guy, took half or so off the price.  I am definitely willing to take the return.  He said he was going to destroy them so we will see what he does.  I know I will have 0 issues reselling them.  They were alpha magic the gathering commons.  Damaged but still collectible.  

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I have a Pokemon bundle I sell that includes (among many other things) a couple of the freebie Pokemon card decks that the card stores hand out for free. I had a customer who was convinced those worthless freebie decks were counterfeit.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Bummer, sad to see there are people like this all over, im not alone.   This is a first for me.  Ive probably sold over 100000 cards in the last 30 years and this is the first time someone has done this.  The funny thing is it was 20 dollars in cards.  Im not going to ruin my rep over 20 dollars in cards.  

Message 7 of 7
latest reply