cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blo cling bidders not in CONUS

Can someone explain how I go about blocking bidders who aren't in the CONUS???

TIA. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

To block buyers in states, territories, or countries you don't want to ship to:

1. Go to My eBay > Account > Site Preferences or Seller Hub > Overview > Shortcuts > Site preferences

2. In the Selling Preferences section, scroll to Shipping preferences, and then click Show.

3. Next to Exclude shipping locations from your listings, click Edit.

4. Select the states, territories, or regions you don't want to ship to. You can exclude entire continents or select Show all countries, and then select the specific countries you don't want to ship to.

5. All excluded countries you select will appear in the lower section of the page.

6. Select Apply to all current live listings to apply these exclusions to all your current listings.

7. Click Apply to save your requirements.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Go to Paypal and block buyers who do not have a USA Paypal account.

Make sure your listing states that you only accept a USA Paypal account. It will not stop them from bidding BUT they will not be able to pay and you can open an UPI case to recover your fees without fear of negative feedback.

This will only stop foreign bidders.  Not buyers from Hawaii etc..

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Go to Paypal and block buyers who do not have a USA Paypal account.

I encourage anyone considering doing this that you consider what this really means.  While it sounds like a simple easy move, it has ramifications as a seller on Ebay that you should consider when making your decision.

Make sure your listing states that you only accept a USA Paypal account.

Simply stating this in your listings is not enough.  There is NO block in Ebay in which you can enforce this.

It will not stop them from bidding BUT they will not be able to pay and you can open an UPI case to recover your fees without fear of negative feedback.

So a buyer follows the rules as Ebay currently has them and you as a seller punish them with a UPI strike on their account because you have refused to allow them to pay.  They are willing to pay, you just won't allow it.  How is that fair to the buyer???  How is that even the right thing to do to someone???  The buyer is NOT breaching Ebay rules!!!

There are MANY international members that have their accounts set up to have a USA ship to address.  These buyers are allowed to bid on or purchase from all sellers, even those that state US shipping only.  And that is because the international buyer has a USA ship to address.  This can happen for many reasons.  

WHAT??  Hawaii ???  Are you suggesting that some consider shipping to Hawaii is international??  I'm not sure I understand your call out for Hawaii.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

mam - I've done exactly this procedure - paypal charges an extra fee for processing international credit cards. The only international credit cards I have ever gotten are chinese wishing to purchase my vintage items so they can knock me off - come back here to ebay and sell them for $1 thus unemploying me and making my on hand inventory unsellable.  The quality of the original item is greatly compromised and they have ruined my sales.  True? Yup. I can prove it. If there's a will there's a way and they will figure it out but personally I'm sick of handing my money and my job over to the chinese hence no international credit cards.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

mam98031 wrote: ... 

WHAT??  Hawaii ???  Are you suggesting that some consider shipping to Hawaii is international??  I'm not sure I understand your call out for Hawaii.  

Because CONUS means "contiguous United States."  The OP requested information on how to stop buyers who are in Alaska and Hawaii.  In the first reply in this thread, emerald gave detailed instructions on  how to do this.  

However, the OP is in South Carolina and all 3 of his current listings offer shipping via USPS Priority Mail, so this request baffles me.  Shipping to AK and HI would cost the same as shipping to  west coast states.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I've done exactly this procedure - paypal charges an extra fee for processing international credit cards.

Yes they do.  They also charge international rates on any type of payment the buyer may make if they are an international buyer.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@partial*eclipse wrote:

mam98031 wrote: ... 

Because CONUS means "contiguous United States."  The OP requested information on how to stop buyers who are in Alaska and Hawaii.  In the first reply in this thread, emerald gave detailed instructions on  how to do this.  

However, the OP is in South Carolina and all 3 of his current listings offer shipping via USPS Priority Mail, so this request baffles me.  Shipping to AK and HI would cost the same as shipping to  west coast states.

@partial*eclipse

I posted that just before I went to bed last night.  As I was getting all comfy and ready to fall asleep I realized what I said was so wrong that I baffled myself.  Sorry about that to everyone.  I was most certainly incorrect in my statement.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply