cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware of Wilmington, DE 19804

Hello Everyone,

I am new this forum. I didn't know you can't put specific names, etc. I noticed there were some good responses (and suggestions) that I quickly skimmed through on my phone but my post got removed by the time I got home. So I am reposting this time without specific scammer info.

Watch out for purchases from Wilmington, DE, 19804

The buyer deliberately misspells the addresses so that they don't get flagged. I have been scammed by one purchase and they have initiated a second return. I couldn't possibly catch the first 2 purchases, but the third one was completely my carelessness. The item hasn't made it to him yet, but I am 100% certain he will be initiating a return on the last day of the return period. I hope I can present this post to eBay as proof I will be scammed. He has numerous IDs and all of them share feedback from the same users. Other red flags as well that I ended up catching.

I don't know if he got lucky or pulled an insane trick, he returned the first item. USPS says it got delivered to my address, but its nowhere to be seen in my mailbox. Ebay already closed the case in the scammer's favor. I am hoping that the package will appear somehow. What sucks is that I know for sure that this guy is a scammer and its a shame that a potential USPS muck up worked out in his favor.

I thought I should warn the seller community. I am already out of $570 and a potential further $1600. I completely blame myself for the last purchase.

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@wakmantimepiecetrading wrote:

Watch out for purchases from Wilmington, DE, 19804

So what is it you're suggesting, actually?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I don't know if he got lucky or pulled an insane trick, he returned the first item. USPS says it got delivered to my address, but its nowhere to be seen in my mailbox. Ebay already closed the case in the scammer's favor. I am hoping that the package will appear somehow. What sucks is that I know for sure that this guy is a scammer and its a shame that a potential USPS muck up worked out in his favor.

This sounds like the zip code scam, your buyer has returned something to another address - you need to check the tracking details and if they don't match your address/item weight etc come back here for more help.

The item hasn't made it to him yet, but I am 100% certain he will be initiating a return on the last day of the return period

Try to initiate a recall/intercept of the package, it may cost $15 or $20 but worth it if you can get it returned to you.

Report this buyer

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/resolving-buyer-issues/report-issue-buyer?id=4084&st=12&pos=2&quer...

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Cancel your order, if it's less than a year old profile with less than 10 feedbacks. I have been targeted by numerous accounts from Wilmington. They all had shared feedbacks from common accounts.

Or make sure you google the address and see what comes up. Look for red flags.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I tried the intercept thing. It didn't work. It would not recognize the address of the sender. I spelt many different ways, including the standardized address as well as how the buyer had it on his account. But the website kept saying the address was invalid. I eventually gave up as I couldn't proceed to step 2 to intercept the package.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I feel the same about Fargo, North Dakota.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

The same thing happened to me. I sold a phone to a buyer from the same zip code:

409 Meco Dr Ste A584477 Wilmington , DE 19804-1132

They return requested claiming the device was not turning on whatsoever (not true). Then they initiated a return return request immediately upon delivery. I reach out to them. They never respond. I accept their request regardless as I have to.
The package shows delivered but it's nowhere to be found shortly after being delivered.

I don't know what to do at this point. I filed with USPS. 
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@nickserum 

Old thread from 2021

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply