cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Offer Item

Listed and sold a "Best Offer" item. However, I accidentally hit" Buyer Paid".  Immediately received "Ship It Now" message from eBay. What is the best method to contact the buyer and try to get them to paid for the item. Thanks

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Best Offer Item

If you marked it as paid, then it's unlikely they will have the option to pay. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Best Offer Item

If the buyer doesn't have the option to pay, you could explain your mistake and if they're cool with it, you could cancel that sale citing 'Buyer requested', then relist the item at your agreed upon price and have them repurchase it. Good luck.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Best Offer Item

Listed and sold a "Best Offer" item. However, I accidentally hit" Buyer Paid". 

@buddyboyusa 

Years ago, if you went to the place where you selected "buyer paid" and selected it again, the "paid" part would go away. (Back then buyers could mark the item paid without using checkout as well.)   It likely doesn't work anymore, but worth a shot.  It certainly can't make your situation worse. 

Hopefully, someone will come by with a better idea than mine! 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Best Offer Item

It used to be possible to Unmark as Paid from that same menu.  Do you have that option in your Awaiting Shipment page?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Best Offer Item

If you do cancel, do you owe a refund? I would hope not, but weird things happen. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Best Offer Item

@brightlightbookseller wrote:

It used to be possible to Unmark as Paid from that same menu.  Do you have that option in your Awaiting Shipment page?

It might still be possible, I just marked an order as shipped, the drop down now includes Mark As Not Shipped. I suspect the same thing applies to payments at least as long as the buyer has not gone through checkout.

@buddyboyusa 

Find the listing in Awaiting Shipping and see if the Drop Down on the left now includes Mark As Not Paid (or similar).

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Best Offer Item

Thanks for the reply. I will see if that works.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Best Offer Item

Sounds good. Thanks

Message 9 of 9
latest reply