cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being Able to Message Buyers/Sellers on eBay -- Not So on Other Platforms

Just ran into a problem with a purchase on Poshmark.  Supposed brand-new item/in box is missing the charging cord.  Went to message the seller and let her know, and unlike eBay there's no direct communication allowed!  Only option is to "comment" on the listing which is public and there for all to see (sort of like eBay feedback).

Apparently, there also is no such thing as a partial refund at PM.  SNADs are a legitimate reason to open a case, and the buyer must send along photos to back up their complaint.  From what I can tell, PM deals directly with the buyer -- seller is not involved at all.  Seller's money is held in escrow for the sale until the item is delivered and the buyer "accepts" the sale (AKA says everything is hunky-dory).

Don't know what will happen in my case -- I don't want to return the item as I need it and it works.  Just a pain in the you-know-what to have to go out and purchase a charging cord for the item when it should have been included.  My goal was just to contact the seller and let her know as she has a similar item also up for sale. 

So, for all those who don't like having to deal with potential/actual buyer communication or find it frustrating having to only communicate with buyers/sellers within eBay's Messaging System -- or, don't like eBay's current Returns Process, it could be worse. 

I find PM's method of keeping sellers completely at arms-length when dealing with buyers a bit "Big Brother-ish" and OTT though I did run across some discussions on Reddit, for example, where PM sellers were very happy that PM didn't allow buyers/sellers to send direct messages.  Just can't imagine how frustrating it would be for all concerned if that's the way things worked here at eBay, so I guess I won't grumble under my breath so often when a potential/actual buyer reaches out...  😞

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hope it all works out for you!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

If you purchased anything non-fashion(such as a charging cord) on Poshmark...neither you nor the seller are covered because it is a prohibited item...electronics & home goods are a NO NO on Poshmark...sorry this happened to you. You can try to contact Poshmark support...but good luck with that. Their customer service is horrible

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

AND you also need to report this seller to Poshmark for selling prohibited items. Poshmark has their hands full dealing with replicas(there are 1000's and 1000's of fake handbags, scarves...you name it and they are trying to stay one step ahead of the copyrights...like the VERO list on Ebay. Poshmark does not have a VERO list posted, but more companies are finding out that their authenic Gucci, etc. items are being sold as authentic on there and these companies have just about had it with them. I expect lawsuits to start soon if PM doesn't do something about all of this. Again, sorry this happened to you, but I think you are out of luck. I am sure you, as a buyer, did not know that you were purchasing an item that is prohibited on there. Reach out to Poshmark on Twitter & Facebook...that gets their attention...emailing them does nothing...very backlogged over in Posh land.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply