cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authenticity Guarantee unsupported country - yet buyer allowed to purchase

Hello:  I just sold a pair of sneakers that is part of the Authenticity Guarantee Program.  The buyer is asking if I can ship to Guam, and I replied that all I have to do is ship to the authenticators and the authenticator will ship to them.  However, reading more up on it I see that Guam is actually not part of the Authenticity Guarantee Program. 

What are my options in this case?  If the buyer pays, I assume I won't send to an authenticator, but directly to the buyer?  I'd rather go thru the authenticator route.  I noticed my seller shipping preferences didn't have "US Protectorates" as an excluded shipping country - is this why the buyer was allowed to purchase the shoes?  Shouldn't eBay have prevented the sale of the shoe if the buyer is in a country where the authenticity program is not supported and the item is part of the program?  Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Authenticity Guarantee unsupported country - yet buyer allowed to purchase

@peezykicks 

Sorry for your situation. Yes since Guam is a US territory, it should be considered for the authentication process.  

Devon@eBay

Can you check this out for us here?  Guam is part of the US.  Why is this not a consideration where authentication is concerned?

Thanks always in advance.  

Message 2 of 2
latest reply