cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication Issues

I have been buying and selling Magic the Gathering Cards on Ebay for years.  I just tried using the Authentication Guarantee and my card that I sold was rejected.  All that they said was "Please update your listing to accurately reflect the surface of the card." However, I literally took pictures of the card I sold and put in the listing, see photos of card for condition.  I have no doubts about the authenticity of the card.  Has anybody else had issues with this?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Authentication Issues

@brian00738 wrote:

put in the listing, see photos of card for condition

"See photos" is not a description. You have to accurately describe the condition with both photos and written text. The authenticators check not only authenticity, but also the advertised condition and flaws.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Authentication Issues

It doesn't sound like they are denying the authenticity but rather they are questioning the condition stated in the listing. If things don't match up, they do deny items. Of course, grading, ratings and such are all subjective. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Authentication Issues

Oh yea, they love to use that line.  They reject all of my cards suddenly and only give that reason.  I do not sell damaged cards.  They are all pristine.  You basically have to sell Gem Mint 10 cards to pass the authenticator but even then they will try to find something to fail it.  I don't understand why Ebay doesn't fix this issue.  It's low-hanging fruit for any Process Improvement employee to fix.  They are losing an enormous amount of money.  I have since stopped selling expensive cards.  

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Authentication Issues

They are not a grading company they say item authenticity. I'm sure almost every seller who has to send their cards thru there is not sending or selling damaged cards especially at the higher dollar amount required to have to be authenticated. So rejecting cards that are authentic is **bleep** cause even if it is accepted it don't get a grade when it should cause somebody actually sat there and graded it....GET IT RIGHT EBAY HAVE THE CARDS SENT TO A KNOWN GRADING COMPANY AND LET THE PROFESSIONALS DO WHAT THEY DO

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Authentication Issues

ALSO, EBAY AUTHENTICATORS AUTHENTICATE TRADING CARDS,SHOES, PURSES, JEWELRY, COINS, CLOTHING, COLLECTIBLES, ANTIQUES, ETC.....THEY DONT SPECIALIZE IN **bleep**....AND IM SURE THEY DAMAGE SOME OF THE ITEMS THEY HANDLE. MATTER OF FACT I KNOW THEY DO CAUSE THEY SENT ME BACK A 500.00 TRADING CARD WITH A BENT AND SMASHED CORNER THAT WAS NOT THERE WHEN I HAD POSSESION OF THE CARD. CARD WAS LABELED AS NOT AUTHENTIC...TF

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Authentication Issues

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply