cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask buyers and sellers about this product

When I ask a question on the bottom of a sellers page where does that question show up on the eBay community forums?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

It doesn't unless it's copied/pasted...unless this is some new, improved board function...

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Below is at the bottom of every listing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Questions & Answers

*All questions will be publicly shared with buyers and sellers. See our *All questions will be publicly shared with buyers and sellers. See ourcommunity guidelines.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

I’m not seeing that on the listings I’ve looked at. Wonder if it’s something new?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

@z50com wrote:

Questions & Answers

*All questions will be publicly shared with buyers and sellers. See our *All questions will be publicly shared with buyers and sellers. See ourcommunity guidelines.

That all references the 'Product Reviews'. That's where the questions and answers go.

Thanks.
I asked a question and it says your question has been submitted! We’ll email you when we receive responses.
Guess I’ll wait and see who answers.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Where do these questions go?

Who gets to answer them?

I've asked 2 questions and never got any answers. . .

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

I don’t know that why I asked a question on your page to see if it gave any clues.
I don’t read code, maybe someone knows. Facebook?

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:
Thanks.
I asked a question and it says your question has been submitted! We’ll email you when we receive responses.
Guess I’ll wait and see who answers.

What kind of question did you ask? That was my fear with the whole thing is that someone would ask a question about MY item and someone else would answer it about THEIR item! For example, If you ask a seller of a widget "Does this widget come with the XYZ part which is normally with it?" and someone answers "Yes, it has the XYZ part" (however mine doesn't), who's responsible for the SNAD?

BTW, As a test, a couple of months ago I asked a question (I think it was on a hard drive, I don't remember). No one EVER answered it and it just seemed to go into never never land, so I wouldn't hold my breath. I never could find my question anywhere either. This was one of eBay's sillier ideas. I'm sure the SELLER of the item I looked at would have been more then happy to answer my question, but he never saw it.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

I only ask “What year was this product made?”

I thought that would be a safe question to ask.

They have that portion so big and then the small contact seller at the top right.

The things they do don’t make sense have the time.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:
I only ask “What year was this product made?”

I thought that would be a safe question to ask.

They have that portion so big and then the small contact seller at the top right.

The things they do don’t make sense have the time.

Now see, that question I think is fine for the seller, but not for a "group" answer. I know its hard to find "contact seller", but I think this whole idea was crazy from the start. If my widget was made in 1980, the one you looked at 1950 and others in 1970, how does our answers help anyone, especially you, the buyer?

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

@d-k_treasures wrote:

@z50com wrote:

Questions & Answers

That all references the 'Product Reviews'. That's where the questions and answers go.

Yes, somehow I wound up on one of those pages.  Asked a question that was to be sent to many sellers, not one response.  I don't know if it even works.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

@z50com wrote:

Where do these questions go?

Who gets to answer them?

I've asked 2 questions and never got any answers. . .

Z, so did I.  Never got any answers, either.  I am not sure it really works.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

One seller posted that they had a question on a multi color item listing, variations, but did not know if it was her item they meant the question for, and I am not sure she was able to answer the question, as in not able to perform the action necessary to answer.

Something about a purple one but she was the only one with purple ones, and what would the other sellers think of such a question.  

Message 15 of 22
latest reply