cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are the "exceptional" holiday buyers coming out early or something?

I've been having an increase of "exceptional" buyers in the last week. Are they holiday buyers coming out early? We'll see how this plays out or what the buyer will end up doing.

The latest is a buyer who bought this Saturday (two days ago). Despite the 1 day handling, I already shipped it out. USPS will probably wait until today (Monday) to process it anyway. I just got a message from the buyer "I cannot accept your slow shipping time. It will be useless when it arrives."

This listing has options for Standard, Priority, and Express Mail. The buyer obviously chose the Standard. To the buyer's SLIM defense, who the heck knows if ebay even displayed the Priority or Express options for the buyer. Even if this buyer was only shown Standard shipping, they didn't bother to see the ETA.

Because of the weight of the item, I actually shipped it out Priority Mail. So it should arrive sooner than the ebay ETA. Who knows what the buyer's urgent ETA is, I didn't care to ask. I wonder if the item will actually arrive "on time" in the eyes of the buyer... and if it doesn't I wonder what'll happen next. Merry Christmas everyone.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Perhaps a buyer fishing for a partial refund when the useless item arrives into the hands of this exceptional buyer

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I messaged the buyer saying it was already sent out so it can't be helped. I mentioned they could have opted for a quicker shipping as shown in my listing.

They replied and claim that it is currently showing them a "guaranteed to arrive before Oct 4." Hahahaha. They bought the item from me on Oct 5. Buyer says they aren't mistaking me for another seller. Even IF ebay glitched out and is showing them arrival on Oct 4 (one day before the buyer buys the item)... was the buyer really still hopeful of that arrival? They couldn't sense a possibility of a glitch (of course assuming the buyer is actually telling the truth)?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

I messaged the buyer saying it was already sent out so it can't be helped. I mentioned they could have opted for a quicker shipping as shown in my listing.

They replied and claim that it is currently showing them a "guaranteed to arrive before Oct 4." Hahahaha. They bought the item from me on Oct 5. Buyer says they aren't mistaking me for another seller. Even IF ebay glitched out and is showing them arrival on Oct 4 (one day before the buyer buys the item)... was the buyer really still hopeful of that arrival? They couldn't sense a possibility of a glitch (of course assuming the buyer is actually telling the truth)?

Oh yes...exceptional. unamused

Your buyer is full of more baloney than an Oscar Mayer truck.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 4
latest reply